I’m helming the ZINESTER’S GUIDE TO NYC, to be published by Microcosm Publishing in the summer of 2010 and wherever you are, I need your help!
An offbeat resource for intrepid DIY-spirited visitors!
An inspirational assignment! Turn your travels into a creative project!
A NYC omnibus featuring contributions from a wide array of zinesters!
A little paper friend to keep the solo traveler’s courage up!
A funky tool for prying unique experience from a big, bad city!
A wholly subjective Valentine to New York City and everything we love about it!
Something to savor before, during, and after your trip!
Costs less than a NYC movie ticket!!!
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN HELP IF YOU LIVE IN NYC:
1. Let us pick your brains by completing our survey! Share your favorite NYC places, events, flavors, sights, sounds and inside tips! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you a copy by return email or snail mail.
2. Send us your zine, especially if it’s in any way reflective of your NYC experience! Include your contact info for our records, as well as information on how guidebook readers can order your zine (presuming you plan to continue publishing through the summer of 2010).
3. Send back issues with anecdotes, reviews, personal encounters, comics, or illustrations of particular NYC interest.
4. Turn us on to your favorite songs, movies, and books about New York City, especially those deserving, but undeservedly obscure ones.
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN HELP IF YOU DON’T LIVE IN NYC
1. Ask us some questions. What would YOU like to know if you were coming to NYC?
The more specific the better!
2. Follow steps three and four above.
By email: Ayun@AyunHalliday.com
By mail: Ayun Halliday – Zinesters Guide
PO Box 22754
Brooklyn NY 11202 USA
Please help spread the word by passing this message on to fellow zine publishers.
x Ayun Halliday, Chief Primatologist of The East Village Inky zine