Hey PZS friends!
As you probably know, the 10th Annual Portland Zine Symposium is fast approaching (it's August 28th and 29th) and the PZS organizers are looking for a few good zinesters for help!
We have a variety of duties we'll be needing assistance with the upcoming weeks; some are as simple as grabbing a stack of posters from the IPRC and hanging them up at your favorite, people populated places, while other are more involved, like helping run the info table a couple of hours during PZS. Your involvement level is totally up to you and will be greatly appreciated! We'll even give you a PZS shirt!
Here's a list of possible duties we need volunteers for:
- Helping at one of our outreach events leading up to the 10th Annual PZS, like our 24hr Zine Challenge, Bike-In Movie, Zinsters' Spelling Bee, etc.
- Hanging PZS posters
- Calling around for food and other donations
- Picking up food and other donations
- Assistants in volunteer coordination
- Helping tablers set up at the beginning of each PZS day
- Working the information table at the entrance
- Helping workshop/panel leaders set up
- Helping workshop/panel leaders and attendees find their rooms
- Helping tablers clean up at the end of PZS
- Helping the main organizers with miscellaneous tasks during PZS
Please keep in mind, you don't have to live locally to help out during the Portland Zine Symposium. For some of these volunteer jobs, we may ask you to attend an orientation meeting or two a before PZS. Please email us at email@example.com or call Blue at 503-453-5839.
If you live in Portland and would like to become more seriously involved with the PZS as a main organizer, we could really use you. Send us an email to start attending weekly meetings to get more involved!
Thanks for reading and see you at the 10th Annual Portland Zine Symposium!