i've added some new zine to the distro catalogue!
* when language runs dry -- a zine for people with chronic pain & their allies, all about living with & supporting people suffering from chronic pain
* kiss off #13 -- mega-thick personal zine about moving to toronto, special punk rock moments, traveling in south africa, etc
* telegram ma'am #15 -- about maranda trying to go back to college, shaving her head, surviving manic episodes, & more
* ration #2 -- about coming down with a really bizarre rash & being stressed out in that punk rock "too many projects" way
* ration #3 -- about a flock of birds taking up residence inside a house, foul weather friends, & more
* ration #4 -- stories of crummy relationships & making better choices
* ration #5 -- living for a summer in new york, with all of its attendent adventures & miscreants
* america? #15 -- the comics & interviews issue, with japanther & mikey dread, & the first iraq war
* zine libs #2 -- more punk rock mad libs! fill in the blanks about your punk house, tour, end of the world conspiracy theories, drug studies, & more
* may cause dizziness -- about being diagnosed with a degenerative kidney disease, having to get a transplant, & living through it all
* ladders & hips -- "an open letter to the boys in my life," kyla's account of surviving eating disorders, sexual assault, & self-injury
see complete descriptions, cover scans, & more details at http://www.papertraildistro.com
(for the uninitiated: learning to leave a paper trail distro has been run by me, ciara, for the five & a half years, out of boston, massachusetts. i specialize in personal-type zines with a political edge. i carry zines about feminism, anarchism, bikes, parenting, sex work, mental health, reproductive health, recipes, crafts, traveling, death, sexuality, & a whole lot more. i have around 150 zines in the catalogue, & also offer subscriptions, collections, & a new zinester interview is posted every month & a half or so.)
you can subscribe to paper trail distro!
i am currently accepting subscriptions for the round of mailings starting in april. you can read more about subscriptions here
, but here's a crash course: a one-year subscription gets you a package in the mail everthree months for a year (in january, april, july, & october). each package contains a paper newsletter with zine descriptions, interviews, & some essay-type thing unavailable elsewhere, a selection is sex new zines recently added to the catalogue, & some kind of crafty handmade something or other. in the past, i have made hand-bound blank books, posters, mix tapes, zippered cloth bags, postcards, 1" pins, & other stuff. a subscription costs $50 for u.s. orderers & $60 for everyone else, postage-included. it's cool. past & current subscribers have had nice things to say, such as, "these subscriptions are awesome! everyone should get
send your zine in for consideration! please!
i am delighted with the fact that i added 59 new zine to the catalogue in 2008, but i beg of you: send me zines! send me your zines, your roommate's zine, your sister's zine, some awesome zine you happened to find inan infoshop. if you can't part with your new favorite zine, send me the contact info so i can order a copy for myself. full zine submission info can be found at here
. my address is:
12 lincoln ave. #3
somerville ma 02145
that's it for this month! learning to leave a paper trail zine distro