a place for zinesters - writers and readers
Hi everyone, here are the further details of the 6th Annual London Zine Symposium!
The London Zine Symposium brings together zines, small press writers, radical
press and comic creators to celebrate DIY and zine culture.
It's conveniently placed just off Brick Lane on Heneage Street, about 400m north of Rough Trade and the Truman Brewery.
tube: Aldgate Eastbus: 205, 25, 254, 67, 15
All the usual stalls, food and busy-ness including:
Read You What I Wrote
Zine readings for the 2010 London Zine Symposium with:
* Charlotte Cooper – queer fat researcher and activist in East London, interested in fat activism and DIY culture
* Josie Long – stand up comedian who likes word games and scottish indie bands, writes Drawing moustaches in magazines monthly
* Isy Morgenmuffel – anarcha-feminist and author of Morgenmuffel comic zine
* Patrick Staff – Patrick from Ricochet! Ricochet! zine
The readings are being hosted by Melissa of Cherry Bomb Comics and My Mouth, Your Ear.
Creating our own cultureA discussion group with zinesters Melanie (Colouring Outside The Lines), Patrick (Ricochet!
They will discuss:
* Organising gig and spoken word tours
* Setting up independent gallery spaces
* Forming bands
* Launching own publishing houses
* DIY Book publishing
* Exhibiting art communally
Come and hear how and why they are creating their own cultural
environments/cultures/worlds, and discuss how you could too. Feel free
examples of what you’re up to,
Artist Trading Cards!Art you can put in your pocket.
Make and trade artist trading cards (pieces of art the same size as baseball or
Pokemon cards). All you need to bring is yourself! We’ll be providing
glue, scissors, cardboard, pens etc. If you feel like it
bring your own magazines, newspapers and crafty stuff to use!
A kids comic workshopZEEL and Orson OF Melonfarmer zine welcome kids to their MONSTER LABORATORY – making