NewGumar and his Magical Midi Band- The Compact Disc EP (CD) ($5)
- A limited edition six song ep of dance jams.
Hyena in Petticoats: A Mary Wollstonecraft Zine (Zine) ($4)
- Our feature of the month! A fascinating history piece from Alexis Wolf.
Shortandqueer #4 (Zine) ($2)
- An awesome bio piece about coming out as trans.
Shortandqueer #15 (Zine) ($2)
- A compilation of speeches and performances by Kelly Shortandqueer.Shotgun Seamstress #2 (Zine) ($3)
- Chris Sutton, Magic Johnson, Don Letts, Rupal, and more chime in on blackness in punk.
Shotgun Seamstress #4 (Zine) ($3)
- Interviews and pieces about artists working in performance and visual arts.
Christina Antipa- The Royal We (CD) ($10)
- My favorite album from last year. Why some people don't own this boggles my mind.
Ilse Content Vol 5 (Zine) ($3)
- Got a couple more copies in of this old favorite (that won't stop selling years after its release!)
*Christina Antipa- Where are You Going, Whoever You Are
(off Well, I Vol 2
*Dropping Gems Podcast #2
- the second podcast from PDX's newest label.
*Gumar and his Magical Midi Band- Alien Groove Thing
(off The Compact Disc EP
*VA- Ms Valerie Park Distro Sampler (And More)
- This has been out for over a year now, so doesn't have a lot of new stuff we carry on it, but I realized a lot of people have joined the mailing list since it was released and might want it. Saying it's old might also encourage me to do the podcast I've been thinking about doing.
*Olympia trauma worker (and my longtime co-worker) Sonja Wentz was interviewed
in the only English language newspaper in Turkey about her recent trip to Gaza for the International Trauma and Treament Program.
*Our own Zach Mandeville (of Funwater Awesome
awesomeness) will be doing a reading at the Hugo House
in Seattle on June 15th with the likes of Jim Woodring and Megan Kelso.
*Olympia poet Lucia Perillo is a Pulitzer Finalist
for her last book Inseminating the Elephant
, which, from what we know, is pretty big deal. Big congrats to her.
*A Background Front
& Endless Sunder
track ended up on the latest compilation from old-timer experimental label, Auricular Records
*Comic artist Julia Gfrorer (Ariadne Auf Naxos
) was interviewed on a horror comic website for her latest graphic novel Flesh and Bone
(you have to scroll down a little for it).
*The new Letters album
and Well, I Don't See Why Not Volume Two
were written up on the Swedish blog, I Am The Crime
*The Terrordactyls, Twig Palace, and Letters were nicely written up on Seattle Show Gal
*Speaking of Twig Palace
, an amazingly weird analysis of her recent solo performance on Radio 8-Ball was written up on this hella out there metaphysics blog. Alongside Twig Palace, you'll hear about 2012's connection to Jordan O' Jordan, wormholes, an analysis of celebrity guest Seth Green's work, mysterious messages embedded into asphalt, Audrey Hepburn's connection to a dying bee, and more.
And, on that note, we'll call that a newsletter.
-- Ms Valerie Park Distro
Newsletter for May
Mailing ListMailorderEtsy Page