INSIDE THIS ISSUE
- The Dresden Doll on her first solo record
(Katie Jane Garside - QueenAdreena)
The London Cowboys
(formerly Metal Skool)
- the pin-up queen's style tips and first fashion range
The Nine Lives Of The Stray Cats
- in-depth retrospective on the rockabilly revivalists, following their farewell tour last autumn
Chinese Democracy - a full appraisal of the long-awaited Guns 'n' Roses release, plus the UK launch party
at London's Paradise City club, and Warrior Soul
providing a track-by-track guide to their controversial limited edition album of the same name!
Underrated Albums - Bubblegum Slut's writers nominate the records that every home should have, but probably doesn't.
Alan Wilson's Western Star Studios
- Sharks man Alan Wilson on the little slice of rockabilly heaven in the South West that he calls Western Star Studios.
Songs To Spank To
- on reading in an all-together more mainstream publication that paramedics reckon the Bee Gees' 'Stayin' Alive' is the best song to kick start a heart to (it's all in the rhythm, apparently) we got to wondering what music other professionals find helps them to best do their job. And so struck upon a great excuse to quiz a group of pro-dominatrixes - woo hoo!
Songs From A Wasted Youth
: These Animal Men
LondonEdge Feb 09
- the UK's largest fringe fashion showcase turns 10!
Lashings of live reviews - gigs, clubs and events rated, including; Firefest, Airbourne, Innerpartysystem, Festival Of Sins, Wayne Hussey, The Wildhearts, Wednesday 13 and Black Stone Cherry.
Exactly 100 albums, singles, E.Ps, 7 inches, demo, books and DVDs reviewed!
And of course your free CD
, with cut-out inlay on the centre pages. This issue we've got tracks from The Adjusters, Fight The Empire, Rock 'n' Roll Monkey & The Robots, The Barbarellatones (feat. Nina Hagen!), Honeygun, Komodo Wagon, A Sailor's Grave, The Drowners, Harlots Of Beyond, Bellanova, Hundred Million Martians (feat. Hanoi Rocks' Mike Monroe!), Cream Pie, Mongrel, Diva Suicide & Johnny Zhivago.
Once again it's all wrapped up in a full colour cover created by Sumpdoggy designs, complete with trademark fake fur heart.
TO GET YOUR COPY...
: For the cover price of £1.50! Just head to any of the stockists, or upcoming shows listed at www.myspace.com/bubblegumslutzine
Buy online / by mail
: Copies cost £2.40 including UK postage, or £3.00 including worldwide postage.
To order with PayPal use the handy buttons located in the ‘About Me’ section at www.myspace.com/bubblegumslutzine, or send fund to firstname.lastname@example.org. Details of how to order with credit or debit card via NoChex (UK only) can also be found at the MySpace.
Alternatively send well-wrapped cash, or cheque / postal order payable to ‘A. Bateman’ to 27 Stores Lane, Tiptree, Essex, CO5 0LH, UK.