a place for zinesters - writers and readers
July is the month to celebrate independent publishing and zines with International Zine Month! Sweet Candy is participating in the 31 day challenge to do something zine-related everyday. If you want to participate too or check it out, here is the link: http://www.stolensharpierevolution.org/international-zine-month/
Task for Day 1: Make a top ten list of why you love zines.
1. Meeting new people.
2. Creative outlet.
3. Making collages for zine layouts.
4. Snail mail (sending & receiving)
5. Making friends with postal workers.
6. Sharing stories.
7. They remind me that we’re not alone.
8. Constant inspiration!
9. Learning about other ways of living.
10. Using them as a DIY educational tool.
Task for Day 2: Re-read your favorite zines.
Sweet Candy Intern, Mary, is going to reread Pansy #8, Pansy #9, and even though we just got it in Pansy #10 again. You can find Laura's stuff (she writes Pansy) on our Disability, Disorder, & Illness Page: http://www.sweetcandydistro.com/disability-disorder--illness-zines....