We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

This will hopefully show a good array of train stations round the world. Lets see.

Yesterday I was coming home from a lomo exhibition in Sydney and figured I could jump on a train at Museum. Welll!!!! It's so beautiful under there - really old and not used excessively these days so they haven't modernised the facilities, it smelt of piss and 409 (or something like that)... and there was an announcement over the loudspeaker "Attention: Would the station master please report to the..." which is funny because I immediately jumped to the thought that he was down the pub.
(ps Story To... folk, I took some photos! I'll send you for your zine)

Tags: commuting, discussion, trains

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

My favourite train station is Parliament in Melbourne. When I first came to the `big smoke' I was amazed that you could have a station so far underground (ha ha)! Parliament has this weird and hilarious futurism about it, with it's blue tunnels, white space-station looking walls. It's particularly eery when you're down there late by yourself and all you can here is the cheesy elevator music playing faintly in the background and feel the wind being pushed down the subway tunnels by the incoming trains. Oh, and the mega-tall escalators are pretty cool too. If you're running down them to get to Platform 4 to catch the train coming in two minutes your eyes start to go funny at the end and you can't see the stairs properly.
The long escalators freak me out. Especially the ones in Town Hall Station (Sydney) where the steps are made of this wood not metal. I see myself tumbling down like in that movie with the woman who drinks the vial of stuff to stay young and then trips down the stairs, disjointing all of her limbs.

Kate Nicholson said:
My favourite train station is Parliament in Melbourne. When I first came to the `big smoke' I was amazed that you could have a station so far underground (ha ha)! Parliament has this weird and hilarious futurism about it, with it's blue tunnels, white space-station looking walls. It's particularly eery when you're down there late by yourself and all you can here is the cheesy elevator music playing faintly in the background and feel the wind being pushed down the subway tunnels by the incoming trains. Oh, and the mega-tall escalators are pretty cool too. If you're running down them to get to Platform 4 to catch the train coming in two minutes your eyes start to go funny at the end and you can't see the stairs properly.
I like Museum station for much the same reasons! I think they used parts of the tunnels under Museum and under Central when they filmed The Matrix series. The über-long escalators are pretty crazy too - Parliament must surely have the longest escalators in Australia...?

I think my favourite station must be the tiny one-car stop up near Lake Macquarie on the Central Coast line north of Sydney. You have to be in the very last or very first car (I can't recall which) and I think you need to tell the driver when you get on the train. Roseville is just gorgeous and the view from Stanwell Park is almost worth the trip down from Sydney towards Wollongong.

Adam in Melbourne
the subway station of les halles à Paris, FR is a real underground labyrinth. the railway and stations from Nice, FR to Digne, FR or to Cuneo, IT are pretty cool too.

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service