We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

So I've read through some of the posts here but it seems like most of your zine events are on grander scales than what I could reasonably do. I'm looking more for some kind of small-time zine party, any suggestions? I'm not actually in the local zine scene (other than the fact that I make them -- I'm mostly online) because except for the DC Zine Fest I haven't really come across any other events or gatherings... I'll be moving to a house on the Green Line that'd be easily accessible and I'm tossing around ideas about getting some zine people together in the early summer, but I'm not totally sure what kind of event to hold. Reading, maybe, zine-making night, awesome! A room full of zines to look at and buy? Cool.

I'm open for suggestions if anyone has any ideas... or examples of what they've hosted at home.

Thanks!

Views: 22

Replies to This Discussion

my partner & i have hosted a lot of zine events at our home in grand rapids, mi 

it's fun, you're already renting (or owning) the space, and it's all sorts of cozy 

our house has a name (the bird house) as a lot of collective/punk houses do. you can put the name of the house on your flyer or facebook event and chose whether or not you'd like to post your address. you can have the flyer and/or facebook event say "message michelle for address" - this way you can get no creeps if that is a concern

it's basically like booking a house show! if it's a reading or some folks are on tour - find a few local people to read as well, make it a potluck, whatever! get creative. it's sort of like making a zine...get a flow going, anything goes, etc 

hope that helps! 

hey marlee, thanks! sorry i'm so awfully late on this. i had a lot of issues in the past few months with my home so it wasn't possible unfortunately but i'm trying to get together with a friend to rent a space out in the area for zine/art events :)

marlee grace said:

my partner & i have hosted a lot of zine events at our home in grand rapids, mi 

it's fun, you're already renting (or owning) the space, and it's all sorts of cozy 

our house has a name (the bird house) as a lot of collective/punk houses do. you can put the name of the house on your flyer or facebook event and chose whether or not you'd like to post your address. you can have the flyer and/or facebook event say "message michelle for address" - this way you can get no creeps if that is a concern

it's basically like booking a house show! if it's a reading or some folks are on tour - find a few local people to read as well, make it a potluck, whatever! get creative. it's sort of like making a zine...get a flow going, anything goes, etc 

hope that helps! 

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service