We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hi just wandered if there was anyone out there is the Birmingham/midlands area? Are there any good zine libraries or shops - I've googled but alas, google has failed me. It would be nice to connect with people in my area on here :)

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

Connect with me, O Awesome one :p. Lol...you see me every day though :p
Well, Created In Birmingham have got a temporary store in the Bullring that takes zines. Other than that it's pretty much a no-go in Brum. I've heard tales of a place at The Custard Factory, but have not seen such a thing with my own eyes.
Hmm, I think the place in The Custard Factory is that Cutout Shop, but it's not really much of a zine thing to be honest; more of a printing thing. You can find that at cutoutshop.com anyway though if you want to.
Oh, and add yourself to the Midlands Zinester group! :D
xox
There is a Midlands zinesters group here: http://wemakezines.ning.com/group/midlandszinesters

We had a meetup in Nottingham a few weeks ago, and it was quite fun. I believe the next one is "supposed" to be in Birmingham. Join the group and help organize it!
Theres a zine swap in the Bullring? Must have a look out for that.

I've just gone and joined the Midlands group - don't know how I missed that...probably just passed over and assumed it was people from the USA. I'm glad there are some things going on in Brum :)
Well it's not a zine swap; it's a little shop / exhibition type space thing that sells stuff made by people from Brum / the Black Country, and some hand-made stuff like cards. Anyway yeah, they're looking for zines and other stuff to sell :) you should pop in :D and yeah, I guess it doesn't help that there's a Birmingham in the states too. How confusing...
xox

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service