We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I did a free 'newcastle zine review' this summer but only printed 50 copies.
Mainly because I realised it was really limited to the zines I knew about.
Since then, half of the zines I did a 2-line review for have already folded or left for london, but I've picked up another dozen, and spotted the existence of a handful more online.

So: do you make a zine, or know of a zine, that originates from or is somehow connected to my chosen home zone - from the diagonal line splitting england from scotland, down to north yorkshire, and incorporating geordieside, mackemside, smoggiside and cumbria?

Here's a list of most of the zines (and zine-like things) I know of. Please add to it if you can. I'd like to get the zine review done properly and printed in early december 09. Tell me defunct zines as well!

My zine-related stuff is at http://zine-it-yourself.blogspot.com

Chasing images
Shut yr face
Notes
Unskinny
CJ's stuff:
- people on buses zine
- zine for sam
- 12 poems
- i wish i was dust
Collaborative
- It happened at the star and shadow
- classic british horror zine
- manual zine
- slampt stuff including fastline
- (is there a local poetry/literature zine-like thing?)
Comic stuff
- Coupledom
- Nightbus etc..
- Gary Bainbridge's artzines
- ...and that! paper jam comics collective compilations, including space monkey
- jack fallows' stuff
- oscillating brow
- ben clark/magic beans
- jax
(- toxic wind? what was that comic thing called?)
Mallard Press
Bold as love
Feast of fun
Heavy
Newcastle Stuff
Newcastle/Sunderland football zines (I don't wanna buy em myself, so if you could review them for me?...)
Party Animals
Guide to second hand/charity shops zine
CCTV treasure hunt zine and surveillance zine
Bourgeouis behaviour
Antifa
The diana wars
The tynecide experiment
The 'pink' series
- feminism, anarchy, and radical men?
- feminism and men
- women hating culture etc..
Kino bambino
Lather rinse report
Applejack
Chronicity CD zine
The Elderly
Noname & Mouse
Canannes
Mayday
Wor Diary
Brainmind
Enough is Not Enough
Chez's stuff, incl. Zine Trail
Bookville/Graeme's stuff, incl. how to be depressed
Exit:love
One the Rise
Chickenshit
Cuckoo Press
There Beats a Cockney Rebel's Heart
The Gift

Ones by myself no one needs to mention include bothyzine, secret history, roman philosophers, georgezine, shedzine, fantastical beasts, sexzine, examzine, springzine, gigzine...

Thanks!

Views: 29

Replies to This Discussion

Well no immediate replies, but I've since found one or two I didn't know about so, before the year is out, I will have a bash at doing the 2009 newcastle zine review with a big invite to submit zines and reviews to a 2010 newcastle zine review. Maybe no one will respond, but sometimes the best way to create a community is to just imagine it and start acting as if one exists, so we'll see!

Any suggestions on things to include, feel free to email etc.. me
oldglen at gmail dot communism
Hi - the re-done Newcastle ZIne Review is done and available for free around the Toon.
Already this year these zines have been done:

Hybrids (participatory cut-ups by people at the Star & shadow cinema on 16th Jan, where we joined cinema brochures to other text)
Hello my old winter blues (poetry & musings), & 'the police' zines by CJ
Turps by a group of unknown people, poetry, writings, art etc..
Star & Shadow volunteers' zine - various people's accounts of their time there, available at the cinema.
A present for elodie (multilingual, due next saturday)

And on their way are a poetry zine by people in Fenham, the next kino bambino, various random stuff by me, and to be honest you may as well just get a zine review, send an sae to me at 42 curtis rd, ne4 9bh.
hello mate. me and a few friends put together turps. would just like to thank you for the review of our 1st issue. issue 3 is out now, all the pubs down the ouseburn have got it in, so be sure to pick one up if your passing through that way. if you, or you know anyone that would be willing to contribute any art or writing, drop us an email info@turpsmag.co.uk

thanks again, ant

Michael Duckett said:
Hi - the re-done Newcastle ZIne Review is done and available for free around the Toon.

Hybrids (participatory cut-ups by people at the Star & shadow cinema on 16th Jan, where we joined cinema brochures to other text)
Star & Shadow volunteers' zine - various people's accounts of their time there, available at the cinema.

And on their way are a poetry zine by people in Fenham, the next kino bambino, various random stuff by me, and to be honest you may as well just get a zine review, send an sae to me at 42 curtis rd, ne4 9bh.
Hi there!
I've just emailed the info at turps address, inviting any and all of you lot to take part in something at DIY Aye!
And yes, I did actually start drawing something to submit, triggered by bits I didn't like so much in issue 2 of turps, but since then issue 3 came out which was fantastic and I'll need to rework what I wrote/drew before sending it in, maybe for issue 5?
Keep going with it, I REALLY liked the last issue.
Talk soon,
Mike

anthony downie said:
hello mate. me and a few friends put together turps. would just like to thank you for the review of our 1st issue. issue 3 is out now, all the pubs down the ouseburn have got it in, so be sure to pick one up if your passing through that way. if you, or you know anyone that would be willing to contribute any art or writing, drop us an email info@turpsmag.co.uk

thanks again, ant

Michael Duckett said:

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service