We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

What is everyone working on these days? I'm running an art zine called Calm and a zine for the Campus anti-war network.

Tags: Austin, Dallas, Denton, Fort, Houston, Texas, Worth, current, zine

Views: 53

Replies to This Discussion

Its been a while since this post, but HI :] I'm working on my first zine ever, although I've been interested in them and have a great appreciation for several years now.

Welcome to the world of zines!  I became interested in zines a year ago and it's been such a great learning experience.  What is your first zine about?  My zine is mostly about art in Texas although I make other mini zines from time to time on random topics like kawaii Japanese things and food.

JReezywutwut said:

Its been a while since this post, but HI :] I'm working on my first zine ever, although I've been interested in them and have a great appreciation for several years now.

I will be publishing  a zine called VaginaVulgar mid january, it will be the first episode, I am also helping facilitate a statewide queer youth zine for the Texas GSA Network.  There will be a summit that features a 40 minute zine workshop and would love for any input and maybe someone who would like to stop by and influence some youth!!

Attachments:

that sounds fuckin awesome!! Anti war network, count me in...

Wow! Thats crazy impressive! What kind of help do you need?

Angie Clark said:

I will be publishing  a zine called VaginaVulgar mid january, it will be the first episode, I am also helping facilitate a statewide queer youth zine for the Texas GSA Network.  There will be a summit that features a 40 minute zine workshop and would love for any input and maybe someone who would like to stop by and influence some youth!!

Oh just dumb things like how I felt about graduating college and thoughts that crossed my mind during the last 2 weeks, not very interesting. 

Anastasia Kirages said:

Welcome to the world of zines!  I became interested in zines a year ago and it's been such a great learning experience.  What is your first zine about?  My zine is mostly about art in Texas although I make other mini zines from time to time on random topics like kawaii Japanese things and food.

JReezywutwut said:

Its been a while since this post, but HI :] I'm working on my first zine ever, although I've been interested in them and have a great appreciation for several years now.

Thanks! Well any really live and happening zine material or just some thoughts or insight into this way eclectic world of zines. Or some suggestions just anything really...

like "submissions" or other zines of the same topic?

Angie Clark said:

Thanks! Well any really live and happening zine material or just some thoughts or insight into this way eclectic world of zines. Or some suggestions just anything really...
Ummmm submissions sounds kinda official. I think if i got a poem written on a milk carton i would show it. As long as the material isnt unnecessarily offensive, then im gonna use it to make a case for how awesome and organic our creatiins can be. And if its offensive but its actually saying something ilk use that, or if its just sporadic offense i'll probably use that. Ill use anything you think i might be able to use. :) i hope that makes sense...

That's not dumb!  It's a great outlet to get your thoughts and feelings out into the world!  I wish I had known about zines when I just graduated from college.  It was a rough time period and I'm sure writing about it would have made it all better.  But, now I'm making some zines and everything is okay! :)

JReezywutwut said:

Oh just dumb things like how I felt about graduating college and thoughts that crossed my mind during the last 2 weeks, not very interesting. 

Anastasia Kirages said:

Welcome to the world of zines!  I became interested in zines a year ago and it's been such a great learning experience.  What is your first zine about?  My zine is mostly about art in Texas although I make other mini zines from time to time on random topics like kawaii Japanese things and food.

JReezywutwut said:

Its been a while since this post, but HI :] I'm working on my first zine ever, although I've been interested in them and have a great appreciation for several years now.

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

 

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service