We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

How do you guys distribute your zines when living in an area with almost no scene? I love making zines just for the hell of it, but I would also love sharing and distributing what I've made. So i figured a discussion for ways to distribute would be appropriate? I'd love to hear people's experiences with etsy, online trades, donating to a library/distro, leaving copies in random places, zine or craft fairs, and any other method I haven't thought of!

Tags: advice, distro, lonely, newbies, selling, trades, zinester

Views: 71

Replies to This Discussion

I know how you feel! I heard in another post that people put them in coat pockets in cloak rooms- worth a try? Otherwise hit any arty shop you can find and ask them to pop them on a counter somewhere.

I like that there was someone else in a different post here on WMZ who put them in plastic and left them outdoors - like in tree trunks and under benches - mini ones that people would have to really "discover." I thought that was a rad idea. You could also leave them in library books with relevant topics. You could pair with people in retail (i.e. if someone is buying a bike, they could get a bike zine with it).

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service