We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Has anyone tried it?

Views: 149

Replies to This Discussion

yep.  i had a small group going about five or six years ago, but people (including myself) kind of lost interest.
I have been trying and I can see awareness slowly growing, but no inquiries yet. I feel like as soon as my first zine makes it out, I may succeed, if not just for a small group.
i haven't. i design clothing and am up to my armpits in busyness. but i wish i could!
I'd like to think how much I like making zines will trump my social anxieties, but I'm not sure how to even get started. I juts moved here a couple months ago, so maybe I'm thinking too soon...
when i did it - and this was pre-facebook/myspace/etc. - i mainly did a lot of fliering around shops and coffee places in downtown, midtown, the university where i attended ... basically, anywhere that had a community board where i could put something up.  it worked pretty well.

I'm trying to,

but no success yet.

not yet! a lot my friends enjoy my zines and have talked about wanting to also make one, but havent yet ):

and i havent met anyone around here that makes them yet

i've the same problem

Chris Francz said:
I do mainly art zines - meaning mostly my artwork. I try to get other artist friends to make something or do a collab but interest is lukewarm. They're afraid of someone stealing their artwork.
i like that idea. more personal.

Rae Logios said:
when i did it - and this was pre-facebook/myspace/etc. - i mainly did a lot of fliering around shops and coffee places in downtown, midtown, the university where i attended ... basically, anywhere that had a community board where i could put something up.  it worked pretty well.

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service