We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

i just finished a zine that talked in depth about my struggles with school, and it's been on my mind a lot lately. i don't hate school, but there are so many things i would rather be doing (like art!) that it often feels like a waste of time.
what are your thoughts on school? what is your school situation?
also if you have a zine that discusses school or want mine, drop me a line please :)

Views: 29

Replies to This Discussion

heeyyy
i am in year 11 at high school and i don't care about it. i only like it cause they let me use their photocopier, and i often dont go to school and chill by myself - and the main thing that i do with my time is work on my zine & find out about new bands, and read other zines. i wonder if this comes through in my zines???? my personality, i mean.
hello kitty magic. that's a good idea, i'm going to see if i can copy zines at school too. what kind of music do you like? you sound like an interesting person, maybe you would like to trade zines with me...?


kitty magic/I'mOneOfAnOddFamily said:
heeyyy
i am in year 11 at high school and i don't care about it. i only like it cause they let me use their photocopier, and i often dont go to school and chill by myself - and the main thing that i do with my time is work on my zine & find out about new bands, and read other zines. i wonder if this comes through in my zines???? my personality, i mean.
yep. i love trading. (especially with other teen zinesters.)

Isabel Xochitl said:
hello kitty magic. that's a good idea, i'm going to see if i can copy zines at school too. what kind of music do you like? you sound like an interesting person, maybe you would like to trade zines with me...?


kitty magic/I'mOneOfAnOddFamily said:
heeyyy
i am in year 11 at high school and i don't care about it. i only like it cause they let me use their photocopier, and i often dont go to school and chill by myself - and the main thing that i do with my time is work on my zine & find out about new bands, and read other zines. i wonder if this comes through in my zines???? my personality, i mean.
I have to admit to being a bit of a geek - I've always enjoyed school. I love learning new things, however it does feel like a waste of time sometimes. There are a lot of other things that I would rather be doing but I know that i'm the kind of procrasinator who would never even get things that I enjoy done, so I guess its kind of good that I go to school.
nah i totally love learning abou new things, not maths n english though...

Hannah Peat said:
I have to admit to being a bit of a geek - I've always enjoyed school. I love learning new things, however it does feel like a waste of time sometimes. There are a lot of other things that I would rather be doing but I know that i'm the kind of procrasinator who would never even get things that I enjoy done, so I guess its kind of good that I go to school.
i agree, learning is hella fun. but they manage to make it so tedious!
Ugh. School. My problem with school is I don't really feel like a student because I am often out of school for long stretches of time because I have a chronic illness. So when I go it feels more like I am visiting than it is an actual part of my life.
what a predicament!
i used to feel like that because i was taking most of my classes through independent study, but i came to school daily for one class and to see my friends. people would come up to me in the hall and say "what are you doing here? i thought you left!" ...it wasn't funny after a while.
evil flower sounds nice, up for a trade?

Inertia said:
Ugh. School. My problem with school is I don't really feel like a student because I am often out of school for long stretches of time because I have a chronic illness. So when I go it feels more like I am visiting than it is an actual part of my life.

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

 

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service