I make an environmental zine called GreenLight with my friends. Each issue is about a different environmental issue. Our next one is going to be our 6th and is coming out this fall. The theme is environmental justice, which refers to "inequitable environmental burdens borne by groups such as racial minorities, women, residents of economically disadvantaged areas, or residents of developing nations." We're looking for articles and artwork related to...
* What is environmental justice? (Intro, definitions)
* Examples/case studies (indigenous rights, food deserts, climate, water, pollution, coal plants (AMP-Ohio!), others)
* Cleveland organizations trying to make it right (City Fresh, Councilman Joe Cimperman, Tri-C Green Academy, others)
* Superstar bios (Majora Carter, Van Jones, others)
* Anything else that is even slightly related!
Want to write about one of these topics or submit artwork? Email us at greenlightzine[at]gmail.com! Submissions are due at the end of August. Thanks!
PS: You can learn more about GreenLight at greenlightzine.org.