We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

QZAP is excited to announce a call for submissions for QZAP:Meta #2. The response to #1 was amazing. We actually ended up doing a 2nd printing after 3 weeks. Without further ado:

The Queer Zine Archive Project is seeking submission for QZAP:Meta, a zine about queer zines. We are seeking articles and artwork depicting and discussing specifically queer zines.

Articles should be between 500-1000 words. They can be on any of the following themes:

* Queer zines and community
* Collecting queer zines
* Queer zine history
* Your relation to queer zines
* Why you put out your zine
* The first queer zine you read or were influenced by
* The future of queer zines and queer zine community

Artwork and images (photos, illustrations, etc.) should be print-ready at 300 dpi or higher. Black and white preferred. Artwork should be submitted as either TIFF or PDF files.

Deadline for submissions: August 1, 2009. Anticipated publication date: September 1, 2008.

Questions and comments can be sent to qzap@qzap.org. Please include "QZAP:Meta" in the subject line.

Tags: QZAP, queer, submissions, zine

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, ace, QZAP:Meta 1 was fantastic! I would love to submit something, but I genuinely dont think I will have the time - already promised submissions to other people! i'll have a go, but either way let us all know when #2 is available! :)

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service