We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I'm thinking of writing my first perzine. I was wondering anyone's thoughts on whether they prefer perzines to be neatly handwritten (maybe making it more personnel?) or typed...

Tags: choice, hand, perzine, preference, typed, written

Views: 251

Replies to This Discussion

BOTH...I also like small sketches :D it makes me feel like am reading a high school note from my sister :D
after ALL THAT i did my 1st issue ALL handwritten...cause it was fun...i thought it was gonna be a pain in the arsenal but no it was....almost....relaxing LOL :D LOVED IT!!

Handwritten!

I'm able to avoid cross outs with wite-out and cutting and pasting new pieces of paper over the errors.

I always write it out first, and then copy it, but of course there's always odd muscle jerk, or the E that looks more like an O... so wite out and cutting and pasting!

I love typewritten zines, but not everyone has access to a typewriter. I also like handwritten zines, but I prefer if the handwritten portions are interspersed with typed text as it can become very taxing to read an entire handwritten zine. I am composed my zine as a mix of handwritten, typewriter, and word processor pieces.  

This is where I was able to get the correct typewriter ribbon from. I'm really pleased with the quality:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ttsbp/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&...

Lia through the looking-glass said:

I don't have access to a printer (except at my local library who charge ridiculous amounts for their print-outs), so all my first issue is going to be hand written/drawn, until june at least, when I plan on getting a printer with birthday funds.

I do love typewritten zines. Where does everyone get their type writer ribbons from? I can't seem to source them for love nor money right now.

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service