We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hey all,

I am in the process of making up a dumpster diving zine, and thought of the following image for the cover, but since the rainbow makes the image, I'd have to get these professionally printed, and then with all that black it would be a waste of toner.

Is the idea alright? Is it worth keeping? Should I come up with something else? Lemme know. Thanks!

Mike

Views: 78

Replies to This Discussion

aw, I do like it a lot (I'm also a big Pink Floyd fan). maybe to make it cheaper, do the design in black and white, make the part that is currently the rainbow all white, and then print it out in black and white. then hand-color in the rainbow yourself. that would be cheaper yet still keep the same design. :]

like this:

Beth M said:

aw, I do like it a lot (I'm also a big Pink Floyd fan). maybe to make it cheaper, do the design in black and white, make the part that is currently the rainbow all white, and then print it out in black and white. then hand-color in the rainbow yourself. that would be cheaper yet still keep the same design. :]

Woah! You're awesome! That idea is what is going to SAVE the cover! And you're instructions are priceless, how long did it take you to make that up? :) I'm flattered that you took the time for me! Thanks!

Mike

haha, thanks. :D

it took like maybe ten minutes? not that long. XD

I just copied and pasted your cover, and the printer graphic I stole from Google Image Search. then I did the rest myself.

but yeah, you can choose to have a more vivid rainbow with markers or paint or a less vivid rainbow with colored pencils or crayons. it might take longer, but it should probably be a lot cheaper. :]

and you're welcome. ^^

tell me or show me how it works out, okay? :]

It adds to the effect if it's hand colored too!! you should let me know when it's done, I'll trade or buy from you! Love the idea, and you should totally hand color.

I finally had time to work on this and here's how the cover turned out hand colored! I think it looks sweet. Beth, you are getting a mention in the zine (not to mention a free one) thanks to your input!

River, I'd love to trade with you when it's done! Just another day or two I think. I'll let you know. Thanks for the comments!

Mike

aw, thanks, FiftySticks!! :D

and it looks great. ^^

(and I accepted your friend request.)

Thanks for the props NM! I'll be updating this post when it's finished, so you'll all know. I'm chugging away on it today, so it's possible it'll be done soon. Shashah!
That's fantastic! Great work! And, yeah I'll trade!!

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service