We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

where do people sell zines in aotearoa these days? i know wellington has the freedom shop and dunedin has black star books, is there anywhere else?

Views: 95

Replies to This Discussion

Ooh! Where is Black Star Books?Would love to know more about them!

There is a new space opening up soon (mid-April) in Auckland called Alphabet City - run by Moira Clunie and Erin Fae. It should be really great and exciting, so be sure to check it out.

s/f do high end art books and sometimes high end art zines too; Gotham Comics I imagine would sell self-published comix style zines (worth a shot). Cherry Bomb Comics still have an online store, though not a physical space.

Wellington has a temporary space called Temporary, run by Blink from A Low Hum. Madame Fancy Pants stocks zines if they fit in with the 'vibe' of the store.

I've heard that Trouble and Fox in Nelson stock a small number of zines, though are on the lookout for more.

Hope that helps! If there is anything I've missed or if you know of anything else, I'd love to know as well :)

thanks tessa, wow that's a really thorough list.

black star is the anarchist bookshop in dunedin, they have a facebook page: facebook.com/blackstarbooks

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service