We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Alycia Sellie, Susan Thomas, and I, with the help of Deb Klein are looking to organize a NYC Zine Fest the last weekend in June at the Brooklyn Lyceum. We're checking in with y'all to see
1. If you know of any conflicting events
2. Who wants to help
3. If you have anything else to say on the subject

We're in the very early stages here--nowhere near ready to talk about booking tables yet, so please don't ask.

Tags: fests, zine

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

I agree. I was really impressed by the fest organizers' organization, good cheer, and willingness to accommodate concerns of folks with little dough for registration fees, or lots of concern for people with small children. hot stuff.

I'm sending out the Zinesters Guide to NYC Survey to all the NYC-dwelling zinemakers with whom I connected at the fest tonight or tomorrow. If you're one of the ones I missed for sure, give a yawp!
The organizers sent out this message with a link to a nice photo slideshow.

Thanks so much for participating at the Fest, you all made it utterly unique and successful.
This is a link to our photos on Flickr, taken by our wonderful volunteer Cameron Quinn. This link is also posted on the website.
Feel free to share them!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39944011@N05/sets/72157620740121734/show/

We will let you know of any other events we may host looking forward. Our website will remain active, so if people you know would like to get on our mailing list, they may contact us thru there. Hope you all had a positive experience. We definitely welcome any suggestions, comments and feedback.
Keep on creating, and we'll see you soon...!

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service