We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Alycia Sellie, Susan Thomas, and I, with the help of Deb Klein are looking to organize a NYC Zine Fest the last weekend in June at the Brooklyn Lyceum. We're checking in with y'all to see
1. If you know of any conflicting events
2. Who wants to help
3. If you have anything else to say on the subject

We're in the very early stages here--nowhere near ready to talk about booking tables yet, so please don't ask.

Tags: fests, zine

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

hoorah, conflicts w/ neither mermaid parade nor MOCCA fest and camp doesn't start til mid july. as long as some kid isn't hitting me up for a premature birthday party I'll be there. so close by! I will help set up clean up and during the actual event, but can't do much organization wise... (though I can include any listing type notices when sending out Zinesters Guide to NYC correspondence.

nifty neato. we need a zine fest.
I want to help! I'll email Deb so she knows, too.
Golly. I can't believe I didn't think about the Mermaid Parade. What a relief that it's the weekend before!
I want to help. I'll have a new born by then but I can still help...and participate if I'm lucky.

Keep me in the email loop? theferalmuse (at) yahoo (dot) com!

Please?!
~Lola
Jenna, I'm happy to get on board to help plan/participate/spread the word. In fact, me and a few others were also wanting to do a nyc zine fest, also in June! believe it or not! I think I mentioned it to Betsy. If you have a planning committee, I am ready to participate, also, my friend Cassie is also ready, I will cc this to her. and I will email Deb also, I;m on her list as a crafter already.
i would love to help out with this!! is there an e-mail list or anything i could sign up to?
Save the Date: The event is expected to be at the Brooklyn Lyceum June 26-28th, 2009. Stay tuned for further details (including email lists, how you can help, etc.)
Alycia said:
Save the Date: The event is expected to be at the Brooklyn Lyceum June 26-28th, 2009. Stay tuned for further details (including email lists, how you can help, etc.)

Head over here to get on our mailing list: nyczinefest.org
Also, if anyone would like to help us plan and program the event, send me an email at: unanswerable.questions@gmail.com
Hooray! Table registration is now open!
http://www.nyczinefest.org/applications.html
Visit this site to also propose a workshop or other event!
Here is the website for the NYC Zine Fest '09:
http://www.nyczinefest.org

The page with Tabling information is here:
http://www.nyczinefest.org/tablingdonating.html
hope to see you there!
If you haven't had a chance to check out the Zine Fest yet, you still have today! It was awesome yesterday -- met some people I've known for years but have never met, picked up some cool stuff, got a tour of the space. Deb and the team did a great job. If you haven't gone yet, go!
Thanks for the post, Heath! It was great to meet you. The Fest exceeded our expectations! What a fabulous mix of people both tabling and visiting. xo Susan

Heath Row said:
If you haven't had a chance to check out the Zine Fest yet, you still have today! It was awesome yesterday -- met some people I've known for years but have never met, picked up some cool stuff, got a tour of the space. Deb and the team did a great job. If you haven't gone yet, go!

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service