We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I am starting this thread for everyone involved in the swap to give a shout out to their favorite zines of the swap, what they thought of the zines, reviews or whatever else you may want to say (keeping to positive comments as much as possible). Thank you to everyone who was involved in this swap, and I appreciate all the hard work you put into your zines!I am looking forward to the next swap!!

Tags: FOLKS, GROUP, MINI, REVIEWS, SWAP, ZINE

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

I have been absolutely charmed by all the zines i've received so far in the swap. So far each one has resonated with me on some level. I already messaged Rebekah about her story about Jack's early days. As a mom, I really empathised with her. Most recently, I received Jethro's zine, and it took me right back to my younger days. We lived by a forest when I was a kid, and there was a movie about Big Foot that we went to see. I think a bunch of neighbourhood kids must have also been there, because I can remember us all talking about it and being afraid to leave the house after that. I'd forgotten all about it, but your zine brought it back. I also remember, walking around for hours (swaggering) with my friends, smoking cigarettes, talking about stuff - what it meant if a guy had an earring in his right ear....I didn't know that guys were doing the same thing!

I have to go and find the others and I'll come back and comment on them.

I also have to apologise. I've been negligent. I've been really reclusive lately. The mountains of snow, and now incessent rain have kept me from wanting to venture out unless I really have too, so the zines haven't been mailed. The kids are back at school tomorrow, and going to the post office without them is always way more appealing for everyone, so I no longer have any excuses and I'll get them out asap. Canadian mail is slllooowww, so expect them to show up in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for understanding.
M
Yeah its funny to think that we actually worried about what ear to wear our earrings in, looks like you enjoyed my zine, i am glad! I am looking forward to seeing your zine too!

I can't wait to get them all and post some reviews!
I forgot to mention that your doll story creeped me out completely. There was this movie that I saw back in the olden days called Trilogy of Terror (why the heck do I remember that when I can't even remember what I had for dinner yesterday?). I think it starred Karen Black (I think she's the actress that did a slew of horror movies back then). Anyway, in one of the trilogy of skits the main character gets this doll as a gift that turns out to be complete evil. Totally scary, just like your story.

I also wanted to write about two other zines that I got. Bird in a Hand's Ornaments one is a hoot. It reminded me of the first Christmas that my daughter was somewhat sentient. She didn't quite get the tree thing, or maybe she did, and she hung all sorts of odd things on it, a can opener, my car keys, any of her toys that had hanging loops - like rattles and stuff. Basically she went through the house and found anything that could be hung. It was hilarious. This year I bought a bunch of fun foam monsters from a zinester, and we have them on our tree. I say "have" because I haven't gotten around to taking it down yet.

I got calendar girl the other day and really enjoyed reading about your life. It sounds like you have a great relationship with your family. I remember that feeling when I first moved away to go to university. It always felt so strangely quiet and lonely when I came back to my apartment after spending time with in my family home. I wonder if my kids will feel that way when they leave?

I told y'all that all the zines have resonated with me in some way, even though people might be in very different life situations right now.

Is there anyone I missed? I feel like there is another zine that I got, but I can't think of which one it is.

Has anyone got mine yet?
M
i still owe mine to people, but don't think i ever received all of mine either. did some people drop out or are they running as late as i am? haha. i believe i received zines from jethro, rebekah, anna, christine, misti, lynn, kelley and ladypajama. mine are going out monday hopefully!
I didn't receive them from everyone either. I think I got them from everyone you mentioned except Lynn. I noticed that Jethro also said he got one from her, perhaps it is here and I just didn't notice it. Can anyone tell me what Lynn's zine looks like?
M

Bri Zine said:
i still owe mine to people, but don't think i ever received all of mine either. did some people drop out or are they running as late as i am? haha. i believe i received zines from jethro, rebekah, anna, christine, misti, lynn, kelley and ladypajama. mine are going out monday hopefully!
Misti Ko said:
Bird in a Hand's Ornaments one is a hoot. It reminded me of the first Christmas that my daughter was somewhat sentient. She didn't quite get the tree thing, or maybe she did, and she hung all sorts of odd things on it, a can opener, my car keys, any of her toys that had hanging loops - like rattles and stuff. Basically she went through the house and found anything that could be hung. It was hilarious. This year I bought a bunch of fun foam monsters from a zinester, and we have them on our tree. I say "have" because I haven't gotten around to taking it down yet.
Oh, this one was mine, actually! Glad you liked it. :)

I feel like I should write up reviews of all the lovely zines I got, because they were all so great. Maybe after finals are over!

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service