We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hey Mini Zine Folks!
Here are the guidelines for the 1st MINI ZINE FOLKS GROUP SWAP!
1- Between now and Dec 15th, make a "new" mini zine. Size is up to you, but i think as a general rule, mini zines should be smaller than 5" x 8" / 13cm x 20cm (approx). Other than that size and shape is all up to you!
2- If you really want to participate but cannot make an entire new zine, that is fine, but try to trade something that you have done recently. I am really encouraging everyone to try to make a new zine, something fresh and new to share with the group. That's why I am giving this swap a months time.
3- Send me a message with your name and address if you want to participate. I will compile a list of the folks who are participating and then distribute the list back to everyone involved in the trade.
4- On JANUARY 2nd 2009 (note this is the new date) send out one copy of your zine to everyone on the list. I realize postage can be expensive when sending zines overseas, so PLEASE take this into consideration before joining the swap. If you join and then feel at any time that you cannot participate for any reason, PLEASE tell me right away, so I can inform everyone involved in the swap, nothing is worse than trading zines and getting nothing in return.
5- BE CREATIVE, BE AWESOME, MAKE A GREAT ZINE!!! I think that's a given for most zine folks, but put effort into this, second only to not getting a zine in trade is getting a zine that little or no effort was put into.
6- If you have any ideas about the trade. Let me know, we can add them if we think, as a group, that it would be a good idea.

I am really looking forward to getting a bunch of zines (and right before the holidays, so a cool present too, for whatever holiday you , or don't, celebrate!) from all you awesome mini zine folks!

Cheers

Jethro

Tags: awesome, folks, group, mini, rad, swap, trade, zine

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

ok, i'll give it a whirl!
I would love to join, BUT my post office is a nightmare that close to Christmas. I don't go anywhere near it. I'd join if it would be okay for me to send my zines out say on January 2nd?
Good point Misti, since I am not a huge X-mas person I did not even think of that. I will change the deadline date to
Friday January 2nd 2009. I will go back and change the date in the official post as well. Looking forward to all your zines!
Oh cool, count me in, I was going to make a mini-zine from my sketchbooks anyway, so I'll definitely play :)
Excellent, count me in.
M
I'm in.
YAY!! Glad you joined Emma!

Emma Stronach said:
Oh cool, count me in, I was going to make a mini-zine from my sketchbooks anyway, so I'll definitely play :)
I take it that means I can add your address to the list right? Just wanna make sure before I do it. :)

Emma Stronach said:
Me too :)

Just put the address you write to, I will get a post office box eventually, promise, but for now 'Buddy" will do.
humm, I make my accounts and i think I can participate of this. I´ll do a really tiny one, but if the post offices do all right, all members of this group will have a new artistical (mini) zine of mine.
yay
EXcellent, so can I count you in Roberto? that would be great, I just got your zine in the mail today and would love to have you participate in the zine swap!

Roberto Holanda said:
humm, I make my accounts and i think I can participate of this. I´ll do a really tiny one, but if the post offices do all right, all members of this group will have a new artistical (mini) zine of mine.

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service