We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hey Mini Zine Folks!
Here are the guidelines for the 3rd MINI ZINE FOLKS GROUP SWAP!
1- Between now and April 30th, make a "new" mini zine. Size is up to you, but i think as a general rule, mini zines should be smaller than 5" x 8" / 13cm x 20cm (approx). Other than that size and shape is all up to you!
2- If you really want to participate but cannot make an entire new zine, that is fine, but try to trade something that you have done recently. I am really encouraging everyone to try to make a new zine, something fresh and new to share with the group. That's why I am giving this swap a over a months time.
3- Send me a message with your name and address if you want to participate. I will compile a list of the folks who are participating and then distribute the list back to everyone involved in the trade.
4- On May 1st 2011 send out one copy of your zine to everyone on the list. I realize postage can be expensive when sending zines overseas, so PLEASE take this into consideration before joining the swap. If you join and then feel at any time that you cannot participate for any reason, PLEASE tell me right away, so I can inform everyone involved in the swap, nothing is worse than trading zines and getting nothing in return.
5- BE CREATIVE, BE AWESOME, MAKE A GREAT ZINE!!! I think that's a given for most zine folks, but put effort into this, second only to not getting a zine in trade is getting a zine that little or no effort was put into.
6- If you have any ideas about the trade. Let me know, we can add them if we think, as a group, that it would be a good idea.

I am really looking forward to getting a bunch of zines (and right before the holidays, so a cool present too, for whatever holiday you , or don't, celebrate!) from all you awesome mini zine folks!

Cheers

Jethro

Tags: #3, FOLKS, GROUP, MINI, SWAP, ZINE, awesome, fun, rad

Views: 84

Replies to This Discussion

So I apologize to all for the tardiness of my shipping out my zine to trade with everyone...I was forced into the loony bin for a few weeks but am back and am creating a zine out of my experience + with contributions from other patients in the hospital. To make up for the delay I'll send everyone a copy of the mental zine when I have completed it. I'll have Gag Me With A... out to everyone soon! <3
Sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to it. ;)

Disco Deirdree Steele said:
So I apologize to all for the tardiness of my shipping out my zine to trade with everyone...I was forced into the loony bin for a few weeks but am back and am creating a zine out of my experience + with contributions from other patients in the hospital. To make up for the delay I'll send everyone a copy of the mental zine when I have completed it. I'll have Gag Me With A... out to everyone soon! <3
No worries thanks for letting us know!! looking forward to your zines!!

Disco Deirdree Steele said:
I will be sharing my thoughts soon!! I am going to start working on that this weekend! But let me just say I have enjoyed all the zines and you all have done a wonderful job!!

Sassy Spinster said:

Hi swap folks!

I was super happy to see my PO Box filled with all your minizine jewels!

I hope y'all received mine as well.

Please share your comments and thoughts about mine if you have any. I'd be more than happy to swap thoughts on yours too!

Just shoot me an email here:

sassy.spinster (at) gmail.com

Cheers,

Dawn

aka Sassy Spinster

MINI ZINE #3 SWAP UPDATE-

I am going thorugh my zines and I zines from everyone except Jodii and Marissa Fandel,if you could just give us an update on when you will be sending out your zines or if you already have, thanks!

kelley and  Disco Deirdree Steele have mentioned theirs will be a little late, so no worries, but I can't wait to receive the rest of the zines!

Thanks to all who participated. Hopefully you'll all join me for the next swap too!

I'm going to be sending mine out this week, sorry for the huge delay but I had a big financial mess over the past couple weeks. I'll send them very very soon! And thanks everyone, these zines are wonderful.
No worries thanks for the reply! Can't wait to see your zine!!

Marissa Fandel said:
I'm going to be sending mine out this week, sorry for the huge delay but I had a big financial mess over the past couple weeks. I'll send them very very soon! And thanks everyone, these zines are wonderful.

Hi folks,

Seriously, such an excellent swap! I have so many favorites including Spring in Headville, Ninja Star, Side By Side, etc.. I can't wait till the next one. I don't have an idea yet but I love the "How to" theme.

Thank you all and thanks Jethro!

Dennis

Hi folks,

Apologies all for not having my zine in the mail. I've been super busy and simply not had time to finish up my zine and get them posted. I should have them in the mail in a couple days and I'll post again to let you know. Absolutely have loved the zines I've received so far.

Awesome, thanks Jodii, looking forward to seeing your zine!

Jodii said:

Hi folks,

Apologies all for not having my zine in the mail. I've been super busy and simply not had time to finish up my zine and get them posted. I should have them in the mail in a couple days and I'll post again to let you know. Absolutely have loved the zines I've received so far.

Still missing three zine(by my count) I hesitate to start a new swap with the third one not complete, if you haven't yet sent out your zine, please comment on the group on when you will send it out or if you really can't atleast let the group know so we can close this swap and move on to a new one. thanks!!
I've been super bust since I last posted, but to my count I am still missing three zines from this swap......a little disappointing to me, but i guess that's gonna happen. If you were in the third swap and you have yet to send out your zine, please let us know if you will or not, so we at least know. Send me a private message if you want. I am working on a lot of projects right now, including the Mini Zines Folks Collaberation zine "Summer Vacation 2011" but I plan to do a 4th swap at the end of this month. If you were part of the third swap and didn't send out a zine I won't be including you in the 4th swap. Sorry to be harsh but I have to draw the line somewhere. I'll call the 3rd swap closed for now, thanks to everyone who participated and sent out some great zines! Doreen I am working on my contribution for the Collaboration zine hope to send it to you soon!!

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service