We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hey Mini Zine Folks!
Here are the guidelines for the 3rd MINI ZINE FOLKS GROUP SWAP!
1- Between now and April 30th, make a "new" mini zine. Size is up to you, but i think as a general rule, mini zines should be smaller than 5" x 8" / 13cm x 20cm (approx). Other than that size and shape is all up to you!
2- If you really want to participate but cannot make an entire new zine, that is fine, but try to trade something that you have done recently. I am really encouraging everyone to try to make a new zine, something fresh and new to share with the group. That's why I am giving this swap a over a months time.
3- Send me a message with your name and address if you want to participate. I will compile a list of the folks who are participating and then distribute the list back to everyone involved in the trade.
4- On May 1st 2011 send out one copy of your zine to everyone on the list. I realize postage can be expensive when sending zines overseas, so PLEASE take this into consideration before joining the swap. If you join and then feel at any time that you cannot participate for any reason, PLEASE tell me right away, so I can inform everyone involved in the swap, nothing is worse than trading zines and getting nothing in return.
5- BE CREATIVE, BE AWESOME, MAKE A GREAT ZINE!!! I think that's a given for most zine folks, but put effort into this, second only to not getting a zine in trade is getting a zine that little or no effort was put into.
6- If you have any ideas about the trade. Let me know, we can add them if we think, as a group, that it would be a good idea.

I am really looking forward to getting a bunch of zines (and right before the holidays, so a cool present too, for whatever holiday you , or don't, celebrate!) from all you awesome mini zine folks!

Cheers

Jethro

Tags: #3, FOLKS, GROUP, MINI, SWAP, ZINE, awesome, fun, rad

Views: 85

Replies to This Discussion

Sweet! Glad you liked it! Looking forward to yours ^__^

Jethrobot Press said:
hard to believe the month flew by so  quickly, I'm finishing up my mini zine (comic actually) and will be sending them out Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait to see what everyone has done!! By the way I received yours Lady Dorian and it was awesome!! Looking forward to seeing all the zines in my mailbox soon!
Yayyy! Thanks so much! Can't wait to see your zine ^__^

misspickle said:
LadyDorian said:
Hey all! I just sent my zines out today, so you can expect them soon. ^__^
Got your mini-zine today and the card. Thank you so much I really enjoyed your drawings and well, the whole zine :) 
My mini-zine is finished and I made copies today. I'll put them in the mail tomorrow so everyone is going to receive a copy soon :)

hello over there,

it took me a bit but I've just sent my minizine! All of you are in the other side of the planet, so I guess it will take up to 2 weeks to get it. Cheerios!

Just got my copy...and it's AWESOME! The last segment was my favorite. :)

Colin Tedford said:
Mine's not brand-new, but it is my most recent mini-zine, and is seasonally appropriate (except for the swappers in Australia).  They're packed up & will go out Monday.

Sorry that it has taken so long, I am mailing them out today though, I apologize sooooo much for being late on this! It turns out that University doesn't understand the importance of mailing things on time!!!!

I also apologize in advance for the controversial topics portrayed in my zine, please note that it is strictly fictional and that a lot of love went into it.  If you don't like it, to each his own, and as aforementioned I apologize if I offended you.  

Also!! This zine is only the first chapter of my novella, if you would like more please send postage or swap with me! (please be sure to explain why you are sending postage or a zine because I tend to become socially awkward when I don't know what people want).

Thank you Thank you Thank you to everyone who sent me a zine =D =D =D I love them! even those that I haven't read yet!!!! 

Love,

River

No worries, i too sent mine a little late and I organized this swap! A combo of the black death invading my household and making everyone sick, with a bit of a zine malfunction made me run a little late, but my zines are on their way to everyone right now, hopefully in everyone's hands soon!! Got Colin's and Dennis' zines today, absolutely brilliant zines! Got Jamie McD's the other day, so awesome!! I am impressed with all the zines I am getting in this swap, it lifts my spirits to see such creative forces out there in the zine world.

River Body said:

Sorry that it has taken so long, I am mailing them out today though, I apologize sooooo much for being late on this! It turns out that University doesn't understand the importance of mailing things on time!!!!

I also apologize in advance for the controversial topics portrayed in my zine, please note that it is strictly fictional and that a lot of love went into it.  If you don't like it, to each his own, and as aforementioned I apologize if I offended you.  

Also!! This zine is only the first chapter of my novella, if you would like more please send postage or swap with me! (please be sure to explain why you are sending postage or a zine because I tend to become socially awkward when I don't know what people want).

Thank you Thank you Thank you to everyone who sent me a zine =D =D =D I love them! even those that I haven't read yet!!!! 

Love,

River

yeah ! They're all so great! I can't help but be worried!! haha.... I can't wait to get all of them!!! I've already learned so much just from the three that I've received thus far!

Jethrobot Press said:

No worries, i too sent mine a little late and I organized this swap! A combo of the black death invading my household and making everyone sick, with a bit of a zine malfunction made me run a little late, but my zines are on their way to everyone right now, hopefully in everyone's hands soon!! Got Colin's and Dennis' zines today, absolutely brilliant zines! Got Jamie McD's the other day, so awesome!! I am impressed with all the zines I am getting in this swap, it lifts my spirits to see such creative forces out there in the zine world.

River Body said:

Love,

River

The zines are all so amazing so far and inspiring, nothing makes me want to create a new zine more than seeing awesome new zines in my mail box. I have received about half of them so far, can't wait for the others to arrive, great job everyone on this swap!!!
Forgot to mention that mine have been sent out! I love everyone's that I've gotten so far, they are all beautiful!  They have really helped to get rid of the stress associated with starting up a distro! I can't wait for everyone elses!!

Sorry I missed out on the Mini-Zine #3 swap. I didn't get back here and see to send you my address. Hopefully will be able to join in on the next one. I would be fun to get more zines and grow my little mini collection.

If you have a zine you'd like to trade I have some extras left of mine ready to trade, send me your address and I'll send one out!

Doreen Baros said:

Sorry I missed out on the Mini-Zine #3 swap. I didn't get back here and see to send you my address. Hopefully will be able to join in on the next one. I would be fun to get more zines and grow my little mini collection.

Thanks, I'll send you a message with that info.

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service