We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hey Mini Zine Folks!
Here are the guidelines for the 3rd MINI ZINE FOLKS GROUP SWAP!
1- Between now and April 30th, make a "new" mini zine. Size is up to you, but i think as a general rule, mini zines should be smaller than 5" x 8" / 13cm x 20cm (approx). Other than that size and shape is all up to you!
2- If you really want to participate but cannot make an entire new zine, that is fine, but try to trade something that you have done recently. I am really encouraging everyone to try to make a new zine, something fresh and new to share with the group. That's why I am giving this swap a over a months time.
3- Send me a message with your name and address if you want to participate. I will compile a list of the folks who are participating and then distribute the list back to everyone involved in the trade.
4- On May 1st 2011 send out one copy of your zine to everyone on the list. I realize postage can be expensive when sending zines overseas, so PLEASE take this into consideration before joining the swap. If you join and then feel at any time that you cannot participate for any reason, PLEASE tell me right away, so I can inform everyone involved in the swap, nothing is worse than trading zines and getting nothing in return.
5- BE CREATIVE, BE AWESOME, MAKE A GREAT ZINE!!! I think that's a given for most zine folks, but put effort into this, second only to not getting a zine in trade is getting a zine that little or no effort was put into.
6- If you have any ideas about the trade. Let me know, we can add them if we think, as a group, that it would be a good idea.

I am really looking forward to getting a bunch of zines (and right before the holidays, so a cool present too, for whatever holiday you , or don't, celebrate!) from all you awesome mini zine folks!

Cheers

Jethro

Tags: #3, FOLKS, GROUP, MINI, SWAP, ZINE, awesome, fun, rad

Views: 85

Replies to This Discussion

Me too!

i am terribly excited!

i'm finishing up a 2 part mini zine series i did, and will probably send both parts out for the trade. :)

That is AWESOME!!

kelley said:

i am terribly excited!

i'm finishing up a 2 part mini zine series i did, and will probably send both parts out for the trade. :)

Good news, the list is growing and by the looks of everyone's pages, we will be seeing some awesome zines in this trade! if you know anyone else who might be interested send to the Mini Zine Group page and tell em to join!

I am totally new at this, but want to jump in with this swap. I recently joined swapbot and signed up for a zine swap there to make a zine in April. Do you mind if I use the same zine I make for that one here for this swap?

 

I didn't notice anything about number of pages in your requirements. Anything I should stick to that's considered important on that? Looking forward to diving in on this!

I have no problem with you using the same zine for both swaps as long as its a mini zine. Join in and send me your address. There are no requirements on page count, just size. Look forward to seeing your zine!!

Doreen Baros said:

I am totally new at this, but want to jump in with this swap. I recently joined swapbot and signed up for a zine swap there to make a zine in April. Do you mind if I use the same zine I make for that one here for this swap?

 

I didn't notice anything about number of pages in your requirements. Anything I should stick to that's considered important on that? Looking forward to diving in on this!

I'm in too!

I have just send u my adress via e-mail. I have recently made a mini-comic that I'm also gonna print in english (since the original verion is in greek). I think that if there's anyone to collect foreign zines, I could sent both versions.

hey jethro, what's the final count so far?  i've made mine already (yay!) and wondering how many more copies to print off at the ups store? (ps, ups store is having a march madness sale until april 15 on their color copies... 25 cents (usd) each copy!!)...my mini-zine will be in color :)  i hope peeps will enjoy :) 
THAT IS AWESOME!!! good job! I love the color zine! Right now I show the count at 11 participants, but I have to go through a ton of emails tonight so hopefully that means it will be going up!!

mary ann mck said:
hey jethro, what's the final count so far?  i've made mine already (yay!) and wondering how many more copies to print off at the ups store? (ps, ups store is having a march madness sale until april 15 on their color copies... 25 cents (usd) each copy!!)...my mini-zine will be in color :)  i hope peeps will enjoy :) 
Spoke to soon, looks like we are 13!!

Jethrobot Press said:
THAT IS AWESOME!!! good job! I love the color zine! Right now I show the count at 11 participants, but I have to go through a ton of emails tonight so hopefully that means it will be going up!!

I would definitely be up for both versions!! That's awesome!

yor said:

I'm in too!

I have just send u my adress via e-mail. I have recently made a mini-comic that I'm also gonna print in english (since the original verion is in greek). I think that if there's anyone to collect foreign zines, I could sent both versions.

If you haven't sent me your address yet please do ASAP so I can send the list out to everyone tonight/tomorrow. I see  couple replies that i don't have addresses to match up to and I would hate for anyone to left out.

 

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

 

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service