We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hey all,

I just wanted to share my new video tutorial for how to make a micro-mini zine (a 16-page booklet made out of 1 sheet of 8.5x11) since I had not seen a tutorial when I was first trying to figure the thing out!

You can check it out on my blog, The Cowation, or on my WeMakeZines page.

Happy zine-ing!

Jordan A.

Tags: how, micro-mini, to, tutorial, video, zine, zines

Views: 241

Replies to This Discussion

such a great tuto!
i think that making mini-zines is my favourite past time ever.
no needs of expensive toys when you come along with papers and pens :) 

Oh, that's great!!! I have some Japanese stationery that turns into a tiny little booklet in the same manner, but it only has one fold lengthwise. Yours is much smaller, with many more pages. Love it!

I've been contemplating making a minizine in the same way, but hesitating... What do people do with pure art zines, anyway? Are they boring? Do they use them for crafts? Do they duplicate the art & take credit?! haha My paranoia increases the more I wonder. Better to ask & know.

Well, I wouldn't say that a mini-zine has to be a purely art zine - I use my mini-zines (and particularly this form of them) to make little comics and tip sheets, or even little fact booklets. Sometimes you can have a very tiny poem spanning over several of the pages or a short how-to. Overall, I think they are just as manipulable as any other zine form - you just have to get creative with how much you can jam in such a tiny space!

StrayCat said:

Oh, that's great!!! I have some Japanese stationery that turns into a tiny little booklet in the same manner, but it only has one fold lengthwise. Yours is much smaller, with many more pages. Love it!

I've been contemplating making a minizine in the same way, but hesitating... What do people do with pure art zines, anyway? Are they boring? Do they use them for crafts? Do they duplicate the art & take credit?! haha My paranoia increases the more I wonder. Better to ask & know.

Hi, Jordan I just found your message about your new video tutorial.  I will check it out.  I am new to zines and not sure what mine will be about but it will be a mini-zine.  Thanks for the info.

Tom

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service