We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hi everyone! Summer is fast approaching, and I feel that it's time to initiate another group swap! I'll keep things pretty simple and copy/paste Jethro's rules for the last one, with updated dates:

1- Between now and June, make a "new" mini zine. Size is up to you, but i think as a general rule, mini zines should be smaller than 5" x 8" / 13cm x 20cm (approx). Other than that size and shape is all up to you!
2- If you really want to participate but cannot make an entire new zine, that is fine, but try to trade something that you have done recently. I am really encouraging everyone to try to make a new zine, something fresh and new to share with the group.
3- Send me a message or comment here with your name and address if you want to participate. PLEASE RESPOND BY MAY 15. I will compile a list of the folks who are participating and then distribute the list back to everyone involved in the trade.
4- On JUNE 15, 2009 send out one copy of your zine to everyone on the list. I realize postage can be expensive when sending zines overseas, so PLEASE take this into consideration before joining the swap. If you join and then feel at any time that you cannot participate for any reason, PLEASE tell me right away, so I can inform everyone involved in the swap, nothing is worse than trading zines and getting nothing in return.
5- BE CREATIVE, BE AWESOME, MAKE A GREAT ZINE!!! I think that's a given for most zine folks, but put effort into this, second only to not getting a zine in trade is getting a zine that little or no effort was put into.
6- If you have any ideas about the trade. Let me know, we can add them if we think, as a group, that it would be a good idea.

Tags: awesome, folks, group, jethro's, mini, rad, stealing, swap, tags, trade, More…zine

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

My zines are finally on the way - so sorry again for the delay, but they should be with you all in a week or so. Luckily checked here just before heading out to the P.O., and changed the address as mentioned above! Hope you all enjoy the zine :-)
hey zine kittens. I'm sorry but I have been delayed! will send out shortly. thanks to those who already sent me their zines.
Me and all. I haven't been keeping close tabs on this group as there hadn't been any update for a while, so I didn't even know that things were moving until zines started showing up in my mailbox. I've received some really fabulous mini zines from folks here. Thank you. I should have mine out to you shortly. I have one other project ahead of this one that I'm just working on packaging up and sending out and then I'll get right on this. The zines are ready, I just have to package, address and mail them, and that always takes me way longer than I think it should.

Thanks for your patience.
M

Maddy Phelan said:
hey zine kittens. I'm sorry but I have been delayed! will send out shortly. thanks to those who already sent me their zines.
Mailed mine out yesterday. Hopefully, y'all get them soon.
M

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service