We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hi everyone! Summer is fast approaching, and I feel that it's time to initiate another group swap! I'll keep things pretty simple and copy/paste Jethro's rules for the last one, with updated dates:

1- Between now and June, make a "new" mini zine. Size is up to you, but i think as a general rule, mini zines should be smaller than 5" x 8" / 13cm x 20cm (approx). Other than that size and shape is all up to you!
2- If you really want to participate but cannot make an entire new zine, that is fine, but try to trade something that you have done recently. I am really encouraging everyone to try to make a new zine, something fresh and new to share with the group.
3- Send me a message or comment here with your name and address if you want to participate. PLEASE RESPOND BY MAY 15. I will compile a list of the folks who are participating and then distribute the list back to everyone involved in the trade.
4- On JUNE 15, 2009 send out one copy of your zine to everyone on the list. I realize postage can be expensive when sending zines overseas, so PLEASE take this into consideration before joining the swap. If you join and then feel at any time that you cannot participate for any reason, PLEASE tell me right away, so I can inform everyone involved in the swap, nothing is worse than trading zines and getting nothing in return.
5- BE CREATIVE, BE AWESOME, MAKE A GREAT ZINE!!! I think that's a given for most zine folks, but put effort into this, second only to not getting a zine in trade is getting a zine that little or no effort was put into.
6- If you have any ideas about the trade. Let me know, we can add them if we think, as a group, that it would be a good idea.

Tags: awesome, folks, group, jethro's, mini, rad, stealing, swap, tags, trade, More…zine

Views: 6

Replies to This Discussion

sadly, i think i'm going to have to back out this time.. i am just too busy with other things at the moment. :(
kelley said:
sadly, i think i'm going to have to back out this time.. i am just too busy with other things at the moment. :(
Sorry to hear that! Oh well... I hope to make this a fairly regular event, so maybe next time.

To everyone: I'm busy compiling the list. It'll be sent out to all who signed up soon!
Just to let everyone know that i will have to cheat and send my zines earlier...not by much really just i wont be able to send them on that exact day/date - i am moving....so they will prolly get lost in the chaos - so i am posting the early next week...so i can get them out of the way
Also just in case anyone does read this and worries about my postal address....i got me a forwarding thing on my post for the next 3 months - so it's all good

Oh and i hope you enjoy my zines
Has the address list been circulated yet? Just curious.
M
I'll second this - also, is there only a small hand-ful of us, or a massive bunch? I can see a couple of people who posted their contacts on the list, but I'm sure there's a bunch who just contacted Anna directly...?

Anywho, I should have a nice little zine to send out - looking forward to the zine booty :)

-J

Misti Ko said:
Has the address list been circulated yet? Just curious.
M
Hi all! Will be sending mine out in about an hour...

The only thing is: I got one list (from Anna) a while ago and am not sure if that was the final list etc. Hopefully I haven't left anyone one out and i'm not left out in return.

Can't wait to get all of them and go through them with a hot chocolate and a fat-ass blanket :o)
Ah... I don't have any lists to go off still. Sorry in advance to anyone who's got me on their list - I've only got the couple of people who put their addresses straight into this forum, and might be a coupla days late.

-Spurzine

Anne Nicholson said:
Hi all! Will be sending mine out in about an hour...

The only thing is: I got one list (from Anna) a while ago and am not sure if that was the final list etc. Hopefully I haven't left anyone one out and i'm not left out in return.

Can't wait to get all of them and go through them with a hot chocolate and a fat-ass blanket :o)
I must just make an apology, as I have been having huge printer problems over the weekend, which means I'm going to be late getting the swaps out. On the plus side, I've really enjoyed preparing this one, which is completely new & different (read non-crafty) to the zines I've made before. Everything will be on the way by the end of this week at the latest. Sorry again...
Hello everyone! I'm sorry so many people seem to have not gotten the list - I'll post it here when I get home today.

Also, I'm afraid my zines will be a little late, as I just started a very intense new summer job. They will go out by the end of the month, though, so stay tuned.
Here's the list:

Anna Simmons
39 Columbia Avenue
Brunswick, ME 04011
USA

Susy Pow!
54 Old Canterbury Road
Lewisham NSW 2049
AUSTRALIA

E J Zyla
668 South Pine Road
Everton Park
Brisbane QLD 4053
AUSTRALIA

Fergus
PO Box 132
Bentley WA 6982
AUSTRALIA

1201 Collective
209 Fridley Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
USA

Maddy Phelan
4 Hill Street
Austinmer, NSW 2515
AUSTRALIA

Su Mwamba
12 Colwyn Avenue
Derby DE23 6HG
UNITED KINGDOM

Misti Ko
185 North Stratford Avenue
Burnaby BC V5B 1L1
CANADA

Spurzine
PO Box 41
Flinders Lane Post Office
Melbourne, Victoria 8009
AUSTRALIA

Shannon Edgett
292 Normandie Street
Dieppe, NB E1A 1L7
CANADA

Anne Nicholson
PO Box 405
Fairy Meadow, NSW 2519
AUSTRALIA
Well, FINALLY got mine out into the post on the weekend (well, practically the weekend - a put most of them in a post box early evening on Friday, so they wouldn't have been collected until Sunday night), so with any luck, y'all should be starting to get 'em within a coupla days. I've included an issue of my weekly mini-zine as well as my 'group swap'-specific one, just... well, just 'cause. Wow... addressing 'n stamping that many envelopes at once is full on, in a very awesome kinda way :)
Hey all
I sent zines to the following peeps
Spurzine
anna simmons
susy
misty
Fergus
anne nicolson
Shannon - i have already traded with
Su
Maddy

looking forward to the goods...let me know if you haven't gotten mine

P.S. - my new mailing address is

60 Stellmach Street
Everton Park 4053
Brisbane AUSTRALIA

but don't stress if you have already sent it to my old one-i got mail redirect

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service