We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hey everyone, I'm in the midst of working on my zine about being diagnosed with ADHD (attention deficit disorder) after years of misdiagnosis and misdirected treatment, and going through years of school and jobs and such. Are there any other zines out there about ADHD? I'm not interested in straight-out anti-psychiatry anti-science stuff, but nuanced views are certainly welcome, as my own view is nuanced. Also would be interested in zines about other learning disabilities. Thanks in advance!

--Erica

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

something similar happened to me. the case being that I wasn't diagnosed until I was 22 its taken me almost 4 years to earn an associates degree at jr. college. Being stigmatized as a lazy person, which I was not. The joy of having people finally help me. Not feeling alone anymore. Its awesome. Good Luck!
yeah same, i was 17 and in my last year of high school when i was diagnosed. i still have mixed feelings about it. on the one hand having a medical label suddenly made it ok that i'm disorganised, easily distracted etc, on the other hand i do resent it that i need a medical label to excuse it.
anyway, i wrote a little about it in my zine not afraid of ruins. i can email you the pdf if you like, or we can swap paper zines in the post. i'd love to read your zine if it's finished.

hi there Erica,

learning disabilities...i have cognitive issues and some of my cerebellun was removed - so i have memory loss and balance issues as well. i had a brain injury back in 2004 which left me disabled. i had to learn how to read again - not fun at age 27. if intrested in my zines "Damaged Mentality", check out my page. thx!

I know this is an old topic, but I'm in the process of getting diagnosed and it's been a hell of a time. ADHD is probably one of the most stigmatized disorders in our society, with it being diagnosed so easily and with people being undereducated and thinking that all people with ADHD are just lazy. I won't have a zine out for a while because of time constraints, but I'll probably touch on it in my blog (fluxxii) in a couple of days!

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service