We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I'm just wondering - I've just began a mini zine which I intend to be about my experience of self-harm. I wanted to not only document the experience, but also include my reasons/motivations for quitting.

Is there anything, from your perspective, you'd be particularly interested in reading / any suggestions for things to include?

Ele

Views: 6

Replies to This Discussion

i'd be interested in it all. the dynamics of the life you were living when you started (possibly) compared to the more recent. do your loved ones know what to look for? recently, i noticed a checkout girl who was a cutter. how odd that makes me feel, cuz' i can't say anythig, or can i? ...and lots more. synthia nicole
Ah. Great. That's really useful. I don't know where to start in describing it - but precise details like that would make it come to life more.
hey,

firstly you rock. there needs to be more on this. secondly, i would say a really important part is to make sure at the beginning or your zine you have a little disclaimer saying that its about self-harm and could be triggering/difficult so people should read with care. this especially if you go into graphic details about what/how you did it. otherwise it might be interesting to know about alternative ways that you cope when youre upset now or ways that people can be good allies/friends to cutters. good luck!
i agree there needs to be more zines on this and everything should be included. i am glad you are discussing motivations and reasons for quitting..i like zines that aren't totally pessimistic or about self-destruction (though i know life is like this sometimes) i would love to read it when it's done.

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service