We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I'm looking for submissions for a new compilation zine called Three Degrees: A Zine about Autism.
I'm looking to compile essays, poems, photographs, and art about your
personal experiences with or perspectives on autism. The name of the
zine is derived from the theory that everyone knows a person with
autism by... you guessed it... three degrees. I chose this title to
reflect that autism can affect pretty much everyone.

I want to include submissions from a wide variety of people. Maybe you're a
parent or sibling, a teacher or caregiver. Maybe you have a family
member or friend who has autism. Maybe you've only encountered a person
with autism once. Maybe you yourself are on the spectrum. Do you
celebrate neurodiversity? Do you hope for a cure? As a sibling myself,
I'm particularly interested in other sibs' experiences, but like I
said, I'm looking for a variety, including all the feelings that
experience includes: joy, frustration, love, embarassment, reward, etc.

Submissions can be as short or long as you like, but keep in mind I'm on a budget, so try not to submit something that will take up
more than three half-sized pages.

No derogatory or hateful submissions will be accepted.

Deadline for submitting is March 1.
Please send submissions to: meganallore @ gmail . com

All participants will receive a free copy of the zine.

Can't wait to hear from you!

Tags: autism, compilation, zine

Views: 33

Replies to This Discussion

NEW DEADLINE: MARCH 22
Firstly - great idea for a zine!

I worked with people with autism for 2 years, and really enjoyed it. I'd like to submit something, but I'm really busy with university work for the next 3 weeks. I'll try and get something to you by then.
Hi Hannah! I was wondering if you still planned on submitting anything to Three Degrees? I'm going to try to compile it this weekend or next week, so there's still a little time if you want to send something. :)

Hannah (Not Lonely Zine) said:

I worked with people with autism for 2 years, and really enjoyed it. I'd like to submit something, but I'm really busy with university work for the next 3 weeks. I'll try and get something to you by then.
Hiya Megan
I've got to write 8000 words worth of university assignments by next Thursday, so sadly I don't think I'll have time to write anything before then :(. Please can you let me know if you're still looking for stuff after that? Once my work is done I'll have ample free time but until then all I'm doing is studying (which is pretty boring and depressing, tbh).

Megan Allore said:
Hi Hannah! I was wondering if you still planned on submitting anything to Three Degrees? I'm going to try to compile it this weekend or next week, so there's still a little time if you want to send something. :)

I totally understand. I have two papers due next week, eek! I plan on making Three Degrees an ongoing project, so if you want to submit something when you have more time, I would love to include it in the next issue.

Hiya Megan
I've got to write 8000 words worth of university assignments by next Thursday, so sadly I don't think I'll have time to write anything before then :(. Please can you let me know if you're still looking for stuff after that? Once my work is done I'll have ample free time but until then all I'm doing is studying (which is pretty boring and depressing, tbh).

Megan Allore said:

I'd like to send you some stuff. Do you have a postal address that I could mail stuff to? I don't have a scanner.
Hi Aaron! Email me at meganallore @ gmail.com, and I'll give you my postal address. :)

Aaron Poliwoda said:
I'd like to send you some stuff. Do you have a postal address that I could mail stuff to? I don't have a scanner.
That's great, thanks for being so understanding & hopefully I'll be able to contribute something later :)

Megan Allore said:
I totally understand. I have two papers due next week, eek! I plan on making Three Degrees an ongoing project, so if you want to submit something when you have more time, I would love to include it in the next issue.

Hiya Megan

Megan Allore said:

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service