We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hey everyone!
So a few friends and I are trying to put together a show of mini zines called A Million Minis, which will be preceded by a few workshops leading up to the show. For the show, everyone will be responsible for one square foot of space, and will make a shelf for their zines, with a Unicef-style box for money (honor system).

We were going to have the show at the gallery in the back of Meltdown Comics (where I work), but the gallery is booked until mid-April. So as of right now, we are looking at alternative venues/spaces. The beauty of the Meltdown gallery is that it's open whenever the store is. Some other art spaces I know of are only open intermittently or certain days of the week. I suppose if we have the show run for a month, it wouldn't really matter.

With the Echo Curio going kaput, I'm not sure where else to turn to! Anyone have any ideas?

Views: 8

Replies to This Discussion

Also, if anyone is interested in participating and wants more details, send me a message! We have frequent meetings in Highland Park and love sharing ideas with likeminded zine-y people!

Possibly the Smell?

if it's still open Public Fiction seemed like a really cool place (although I've never been) it was pretty hard to find info about it.

maybe pehrspace http://www.pehrspace.org/ I've never been but I know people who've played shows there

I would love to help out with the event! let me know!!

~Eryca

p.s. I think we met at PZS?

Ahh yes, I totally remember meeting you! I lost your contact info, but I had wanted to get in touch!

I actually live right near Public Fiction (it's on Ave 50, I live on Ave 54), so I've definitely thought about it, but it doesn't seem to be open much. Pehrspace and The Smell are two great ideas though!

You should come to our next powwow! We basically just sit around, munch on yummies, possibly get a little drunk, talk zines & art, and plan stuff! The next meeting might not be until after the new year, but I'll let you know.
That would be great!! 

False Start Distro said:
Ahh yes, I totally remember meeting you! I lost your contact info, but I had wanted to get in touch!

I actually live right near Public Fiction (it's on Ave 50, I live on Ave 54), so I've definitely thought about it, but it doesn't seem to be open much. Pehrspace and The Smell are two great ideas though!

You should come to our next powwow! We basically just sit around, munch on yummies, possibly get a little drunk, talk zines & art, and plan stuff! The next meeting might not be until after the new year, but I'll let you know.

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service