We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Do you guys think it makes sense to advertise this in the mixi ミニコミ group or would that be kind of redundant?

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

I think its a good idea. I think this is a lot better because I sign on here with zines in mind, where as in mixi its more of an afterthought. Plus I haven't seen one Japanese person on here yet! Thanks for turning me on to this!
What is mixi? It's ages I haven't checked it out. I didn't manage to get laid, so I find it pretty useless, but you may have a point.
I know, I shouldn't drink at 11:30 am...
Excuse me for trying to derail your forum from the start but how many Japan-based zinesters do you know? I only know Adam.
No worries, Johnny Boy-- drinking at 11:30 am (or earlier) is why I'm in Japan...! ;-) There's a large community (over 900 people) in the mixi minikomi group. I have probably met 8-10 Japanese zinesters, but am not in regular contact. I'll see if I can track them down.
900 people!!! I should go out more... I guess they are mostly Japanese with a bunch of desperate gaijin like Adam and me? Anyway, in this case it would make sense to advertise in mixi. Maybe you have already done that.
There are a few zines that I got from Andrea that were done by desperate gaijin like us, but they have since moved back to their home countries I guess. I havent heard of any other lifers who have zines. Speaking of, ANDREA! when are you gonna get your zine done?!?!
Yeah Andrea, are you not ashamed of yourself?!?! You gotta produce. Don't just exploit the work of us poor peones!
Back to more serious talking (well, even Andrea's zine is a serious topic) I've noticed that our Japanese colleagues (Popdrome) are snobbing us. Their English is pretty good, and they seem to be very much interested in trading with other people, but I asked them the same thing twice and got zero replies. Even Adam doesn't seem to fare much better than me. Maybe they are afraid of Japanese-speaking gaijin?...
HEY POPDROME, if you are reading this, do not worry: We don't bite!

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service