We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

In the past I tried once to create my own hand-written font with not much success... Now that I am more into vector graphics, I'm thinking of trying it again!
Would you like to have your own font or you insist on the traditional way?

Views: 78

Replies to This Discussion

I'd love a font of my own handwriting, it's something I've been meaning to do for years. www.birks.info did it with his handwriting and it looks awesome!
I think of the font as another form of art. I love playing with letters and turning them into works of art. But I am also fond of using a scissors and some glue to get a font that looks tradional.
So I like both.

I love handwritten based fonts! I've been contemplating making some for years, but wasn't sure of the program to purchase/use to make them. May I ask what program you used/recommend?

I also like old fashioned analogue, written out zines. It's all good!

PS The Fergus font looks great, Yor!

edit: handwriting-based

StrayCat said:

I love handwritten based fonts! I've been contemplating making some for years, but wasn't sure of the program to purchase/use to make them. May I ask what program you used/recommend?

Thank you Straycat, it' so nice from you!

I have used both Fontcreator and Coreldraw, but fontcreator itself can do the job!

If you know how to use any program that can handle vector graphics (Adobe illustrator or Coreldraw f.e.), you would find easier the task of creating a font.

StrayCat said:

edit: handwriting-based

StrayCat said:

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service