We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I haven't left any of mine out in the great wide world yet, but I've been thinking about the places I can leave zines. I got familiar with leaving books places with book crossing, but are there any special considerations you have with where you leave your zines or do you just let fly? Have you ever experienced any sort of backlash from leaving your zine in the 'wrong' place?

Views: 318

Replies to This Discussion

Well there are obvious places like book and record stores, but I like to go to a library and find some cool books (music books for music zines and I will just put perzines in random books I like). Oh yeah, I find that in book stores, if I don't put  a "free" sticker on it, it takes longer for someone to take it. My favorite place I ever left a zine was the Henry Miller Memorial Library in Big Sur. That place is amazing. I wonder what happened to the zine...

hmm, curious, I mainly send my zines for post or distro in a zine meeting.

geocaching boxes are actually a pretty great idea,thanks! ;) i think geocachers could appreciate

GypsyLoveCircus said:

Do any of you geocache??  I started a writers swap cache for trading books, blank journals and zines.  Not sure if any other zines will show up, but I put new issues in every so often for people to discover.

Also, music stores, coffee shops, and the public library are places I've left zines for random discovery.

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service