We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hello all,
Im in the last year of a fine art degree and fairly soon I have my final exhibition. For this event I really want to make a body-positive happy making fatty cooking zine, which would be illustrated and generally be a fab piece of fat activism and art in one wondrous bookform. So what I really need is contributors! I would need your favourite recipe/story about food, a photo image of yourself (so I can draw you) and any other little details about yourself. I want the piece to be about individuality and pride. If you could help me out I would be truly grateful. You can either email me on here or at tankgurl1@hotmail.com. Oh and I would send you a copy of the zine as a thankyou. Preferably I would need these bits by the end of April (including your address, so I can send the zine). Thanks in advance.
Kate
xx

Tags: art, contributions, food, zine

Views: 16

Replies to This Discussion

hey kate, i don't know if you are on livejournal, but i would recommend posting this in the fatshionista community.
I am on livejournal! Hurrah, thanks for the tip. I shall get right on it. xx
Hi Kate,

I will give you my recipes and as you can see I have my own illustrations :) but I would like an exchange. If you would write an article for my 'zine, I'd appreciate it. My direct email is contact@crazations.com and click here to see my blog/zine sample so you know what we're about.

Nice meeting u!
Hey Jeannine, I shall have a peek and then see what I can do. Im not really much of a writer. x
sounds interesting! got any samples of your work online? i'm curious. i, too, have known the love of the last year of a fine art degree, and the thesis exhibition. mine was about body image, identity, and the transgression of those imaginary socially constructed societal norms.

http://evematrix.com/photo/transgression.html
Hurrah! Thanks Kirsty!

Nicci- I have some little bits of work at www.tankgurl1.deviantart.com and http://kateisabeast.livejournal.com
I shall check out your link. xx
Frikkin hell Nicci, your photos are beautiful. Kick ass cool.

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service