We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hi, all:

I just started my Etsy shop selling zines yesterday. I'm wondering: what ways did you use to get customers when you were just starting out? What about getting feedback?

Tags: customers, etsy, feedback, publicity

Views: 18

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Simon,
congrats on opening the shop! What's the link? I'd love to check it out.
Well, since opening I still haven't done anything to advertise, customers just come through here and there. After you make a sale, the buyer then has the option to leave you feedback. I haven't made loads of sales but it's nice to randomly get one!
Sign up to get emails from etsy because they have a lot of things that will give you ideas to make more sales, like this post: "stop being invisible"
--->Olivia

p.s. My shop is at oliviarrow
Here's the link:

the shop

Thanks for the advice. Thanks for the comradeship, too!
Just making sure that your listings are renewed (so that they appear near the top of the list) helps more than anything I think (as does a reasonable price).

It's sort of hard to consistently get feedback. However, I have noticed that you get much more feedback if you make sure to consistently give feed back to your buyers. I think when they see they have new feedback, they suddenly remember to give it to you.
Does buying a showcase spot help at all?
I have sold one zine on Etsy in 3 years. so if someone else knows the magic, do share.
I have sold a ton of my zines using etsy. But I also advertise on my website, facebook, twitter and by word of mouth, and zine fests. You just have to get out there. But I wouldn't be opposed to other options.

We'll Never Have Paris said:
I have sold one zine on Etsy in 3 years. so if someone else knows the magic, do share.

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service