We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I'm thinking about going paperless, but then again I know how most people feel about an electronic zine.. how it doesn't feel the same; how the whole essence of a zine is in the paper--the photocopied feel, etc.

So what are your thoughts?

Views: 15

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I try to spend as little time as possible in front of a screen, so I really couldn't imagine sitting down before one and reading through the entire content of a zine. Plus yeah, I like the physicality (is that a word..?) of paper zines, and it makes the trading process quite intimate, but then again you'd save a lot on postage and printing costs doing it electronically. I guess plenty of e-zines do exist; it's your zine so in the end it's your decision :) I remember your zines having little flaps and pouches though, and you'd never get that electronically!
xox
I've been thinking about doing an art zine or something on reused paper. Like grabbing a bunch of cast offs from a copy shop and seeing what the results look like.
I don't really have a copy shop near me where I can get those though. Hrmmm.
I would understand why you want to do that. I spend part of my time on the computer so I wouldn't mind reading one.

Matthew: Try your local library. Mine has copy machines and I know whenever I use it there are tons of screw ups that go in the recycling bin.

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service