We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I am curious since i could not attend... who all went? Was it a good experience?

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

I went to the Boston Zine Fair and I liked it a lot! Spent too much money on zines, but I am still enjoying them. I took my step-daughter and our German highschool exchange student and broadened their horizons. My step-daughter and I want to get a table next year. I don't know anything about venues for hosting a zine fair, but I might have liked it even more if all the tables were in one giant room. Like I said, though, I don't really know.
In previous years they had all the tables in one big room and I do think it worked out better, but I do like that the venue this year had easy access to convinience stores and the like. Because for me for me to have to spend the whole day w/o being able to grab a soda at my leisure is just cruel.
I see your point. We did actually go in and then duck out for a slice and a little soda pop. So, I guess it would depend on where the one big room was located, huh?

Ericfishlegs said:
In previous years they had all the tables in one big room and I do think it worked out better, but I do like that the venue this year had easy access to convinience stores and the like. Because for me for me to have to spend the whole day w/o being able to grab a soda at my leisure is just cruel.
well, i was there, but you already knew that, nicole. i thought the organizers did a great job with advertising this year. everywhere i looked, i was seeing flyers & postcards for the fair. i was really impressed. i was sad about the venue change at first (it was at mass art the last several years), but it's true that mass art is a pain in the ass for grabbing a soda or coffee or anything. the art institute was closer to conveniences like that, which worked out well for me because i really needed the afternoon coffee infusion my boyfriend brought me. i thought the turn-out this year was a lot better than previous years. i felt like my table was busier than ever, & i made almost twice as much money as i'd been hoping to make. maybe the better turn-out had something to do with having workshops this year? not sure. i do know that the "future of zines" panel on sunday afternoon was very well-attended, which was great!

i was pretty much super-impressed with the whole thing. i only wish i could have gotten a little more time away from my table to see what else there was to see, but being booked for workshops during the busiest periods of both days, i didn't want to leave jared alone with the table too much more than that. this is where i sometimes think having someone else helping full-time with the distro would be useful, but i know i'd probably actually hate that when things are slow & there's not much to do.

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service