We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Am very interested in learning who is producing zines in Chicago and where you're selling/distroing them. I've been out of the zine scene for a long time but am plotting a return to self-publishing on paper and would love to read anyone else who's writing and distributing here.

Joe Wallace
Turntabling.net

Views: 8

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Joe,
Glad to hear that your planning to return to self-publishing. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I produce art zines in Chicago. I generally sell them at Quimby's and a few other pop-up spots. Welcome back!

Tim
ParkingBlockPublishing.com
I make minicomics! I also work at Quimby's and -not to sound like an advertisement- but we have tons of zines! We even have a section of the store dedicated to zines made in Chicago. Zine making is alive and well in Chicago.
I am about to wrap on the new issue of Meniscus! As usual, I will drop a bunch off at Quimby's, and put them out for sale at Brainstorm, where I work. And then I'll probably forget about it. This is the first zine I'm finishing since Billy closed the Loop Distro, so I'm not sure what I'll do this time.
If you are interested in seeing some of us, a group of still self publishing zinesters will be at the Strangelight Record and Zine fair Sat June 26 1-5pm.

DIY Chicago record labels, zines, and craftmakers vend their creations to benefit a charity of their choice.

2123 N. Milwaukee Ave.
FREE admission
I think I define "actively" differently! Just kidding, I make zines just not super frequently. Chicago Comics and Quimby's are great places to sell your zine. Distros, I don't know, but maybe you will find some through this site? I also sell my zines on etsy.
Olivia--and everyone else selling zines on Etsy...throw your etsy store addy up for the world to see! A master list here would be cool---or does it already exist?

Olivia Arrow said:
I think I define "actively" differently! Just kidding, I make zines just not super frequently. Chicago Comics and Quimby's are great places to sell your zine. Distros, I don't know, but maybe you will find some through this site? I also sell my zines on etsy.
me
and me.
this guy right here

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service