We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Does anyone know of stores that sell Zines in Seattle?

Views: 41

Replies to This Discussion

Absolutely! Left Bank Books by Pike's Place Market sells quite a few :)
Really? I'll have to go down there sometime... do they buy most zines or can you just leave 'em there for people to take for free?
I recently went to Pilot Books for the first time- what a cool little store! They are specializing in small press, lots of poetry, and they have a pretty good selection of zines that's bound to get better as their business builds. They are doing weekly readings, as well. It's on Broadway in the Alley, upstairs on the same floor as Laughing Buddha.
ah, where's that?

Kelsey Smith said:
I recently went to Pilot Books for the first time- what a cool little store! They are specializing in small press, lots of poetry, and they have a pretty good selection of zines that's bound to get better as their business builds. They are doing weekly readings, as well. It's on Broadway in the Alley, upstairs on the same floor as Laughing Buddha.
219 Broadway E- you'll see a sushi place on the ground floor, go upstairs and you can't miss it!
http://www.pilotbooksseattle.com/wordpress/

Amy said:
ah, where's that?

Kelsey Smith said:
I recently went to Pilot Books for the first time- what a cool little store! They are specializing in small press, lots of poetry, and they have a pretty good selection of zines that's bound to get better as their business builds. They are doing weekly readings, as well. It's on Broadway in the Alley, upstairs on the same floor as Laughing Buddha.
oh cool! I passed Left Bank a few days ago but didn't have time to stop. I went to teh Central Library, though... I wonder how those zines from Texas and Indiana and NYC got there...

Kelsey Smith said:
219 Broadway E- you'll see a sushi place on the ground floor, go upstairs and you can't miss it!
http://www.pilotbooksseattle.com/wordpress/

Amy said:
ah, where's that?

Kelsey Smith said:
I recently went to Pilot Books for the first time- what a cool little store! They are specializing in small press, lots of poetry, and they have a pretty good selection of zines that's bound to get better as their business builds. They are doing weekly readings, as well. It's on Broadway in the Alley, upstairs on the same floor as Laughing Buddha.
Seattle has some very cool, zine-savvy teen librarians. I think the U-District branch also has a zine collection.

To the list of stores, I would add The Elliott Bay Book Co in Pioneer Square. I think they still have a zine section, though I haven't looked in a while...
I don't think they do...
Also some houses and venues and stuff sell zines I know that Healthy times fun club sells some zines and have a nice collection you can look at.

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

 

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service