We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Since it was suggested in the comments, I think it's a great idea to post in this thread dates for Canadian Zine Fairs. Let's try to include all information possible:

- name
- date / time
- application deadline
- cost

And we could even add some feedback - ie: worth traveling for, or loud bands, or get there early it's first come first serve etc.

Tags: canada, fair, zine

Views: 170

Replies to This Discussion

Zine Dream (3rd annual)

Sunday, August 29th, 2010 11am-5pm

Tranzac Club, 292 Brunswick Ave. Toronto, Ontario

contact is jesjit@gmail.com, www.zinedream.com

door is pwyc, tables are 20$ space is limited

bunch of bands preforming, but I think later in the day/into the night. It's a small show but a lot of fun, I did it in 2009.
Canzine East (annual)
Sunday, October 24, 2010
1pm - 7pm
The Great Hall
1087 Queen Street West
Toronto

Canzine West

Saturday, October 16, 2010
1pm - 7pm
W2 Storyeum
151 West Cordova Street
Vancouver

http://www.brokenpencil.com/canzine/
$5 at the door. Includes a copy of the fall issue of Broken Pencil.

put on by independent culture magazine Broken Pencil. Very packed but very fun. Lat year was first come first serve for seating but the site says a lottery system this year.

Expozine

Beginning of November, during a weekend
Montreal

www.expozine.ca

For the application, make sure to check out the website around a month before the event. Check often as this can change.

In 2010, I think it was 30$ for the 2-days event, but there's also a price if you just want to be there for one day.

If you have any questions, just ask. :)

Ravenswing Zine qand Craft Fair

mid-to end of May annually, usually all day [11-5ish]

Minto Park [or Jack Purcell Community Centre in the event of rain] Ottawa, ON

http://www.spotthespot.com/ravenswing/

Application deadline is usually end of April

Tables are usually $10 for a half, $20 for a whole.

Ravenswing is a delightful fair that occurs every year in May in a park in downtown Ottawa. It's usually a good mix of zinesters and local artisans young and old, though last year there weren't many zines, which was a sad thing [probably because the Montreal anarchist bookfair was the same weekend that year - usually it's a week before]. Because it's outdoors and downtown, you get a lot of street traffic you wouldn't normally get at a regular zine fair, which is nice. The organizers are great and there are workshops and local bands [usually really good!] who perform in the later part of the day.

Spaces are first come first serve, so show up early to get a place in the shade, or bring your own. Also! Bring your own chairs!

http://www.londonfuse.ca/event/6th-annual-london-indie-media-fair

Saturday Mar 26th, London Public Library....11AM to whenever...more details at the link.

http://www.zinedream.com

Zine Dream 4
Sunday August 21, TRANZAC 12 to 5 PM

registration is open now, $10 for a half table & $20 for a full... space is filling up quick, contact jesjit@gmail.com for more info.
any late 2011/ early 2012 updates?

THAT IS A GREAT IDEA!!! I'm getting back into zines, and my financial situation is going to get better permanently soon, so I am really looking forward to going to my 1st ever zine fair -in 16 years of making zines- MTL EXPOZINE, + I was thinking I could do at LEAST another one a year somewhere else..... CANZINE Toronto, CANZINE West Vancouver, Chicago Zine Fest, Portland Zine Symposium.... and having a calendar of all zine events around North America or the world, updated, would be really awesome!!!!

I'd even be ready to volunteer help keep it updated if it happens!
I'm getting back into the zine scene........  keep us posted!!! thanks! And yes indicating costs is very smart.... I asked CanZineWest on their Facebook page what the entry cost is, never got a reply, and couldnt find the info on the net.... not very good communication there....

....... AND I JUST NOTICED THAT POST IS 3 YEARS OLD.  OOOOOOOPS.  HAS IT BEEN DONE OR DID YOU GIVE UP ? (I COULD TAKE THE RELAY)

Sat, Nov 8th 2014, Vancouver BC : CANZINE WEST

Sat & Sun Nov 15 & 16 2014, Montréal QC : EXPOZINE

I'm going to both, who is going ? It will be my first ever participation to a zine fest............

Doing this Inside of a fabulous train trip across Canada (Oct 28 to Nov 17)

I'll be in Vancouver Nov 1-10 and in MTL Oct 26-27 then Nov 15-17...... if other zinesters want to meet ...... let me know !

xoxo Iza  from The Happy Loner, Girl w/Cat, Meetings zine, formerly Orange & Blue

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service