a place for zinesters - writers and readers
And so it's with a bit of excitement that Issue 2 (hopefully out in June) of the Manifesto zine is all go. For more info on Issue 1, please go to my profile. It's pretty much the same deal as the last issue for Issue 2.Please send through pieces of non-fictional writing, but in a bit of a new twist, each issue from now on will have a theme for which pieces should base themselves upon.
The theme for the second issue is: "Generations".
So as a reminder - I'm looking for people who would like to write:
and anything else that may fit that realm
Interpret the theme ("Generations") in any which way you like. The more obscure, the better. Although if you're wanting to submit a more straight up and down article, then that's cool as well! To contribute, send an idea for a piece (or an actual article if you're feeling brave) to email@example.com. Please get your submissions in ASAP and article in by MAY 6TH 2011. Send any questions as well to the email address.
Just a few basics which have been gone over before:
* I'm looking for writing that is no longer than 2500 words. You can submit an article that is short (under 500 words), if you feel you can get your message of the article across in those amount of words.
* I'm also pretty keen on including as much artworks as possible in the zine. Feel free to send in your best work that you think will work on a black and white, photocopied zine.
* NO fiction - sorry, but the zine is focusing on real stories, articles and opinions.
* Please make sure your submission sticks with the theme of "Generations". Anything else will be politely sent back.
* Please include your full name, website address (if you have one) and a short bio with any text submission
* Attach any text as a .txt. .doc. or .odt file. Do not just copy/paste into the e-mail message. Please attach any possible photos you would like to use for the piece to the e-mail.