We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

The Original Universe is a zine about comicbooks and comics. Currently I write the bulk of it myself, except for the letter pages.

It's been focused on American superhero comics, but only because they're what I know best. I'd gladly publish sections on manga, European BD and comix if others cover them. I may start on what Webcomics that I read soon too, but more I'll gratefully accept.

Also, I can always use more cover art and interior illustrations. I currently have one artist member who draws covers for me, but I can always use more.

E-mail me with contribution offers: theoriginaluniverse(at)gmail(dot)com.

Tags: comicbooks, comics, comix, zine

Views: 16

Replies to This Discussion

Have you ever read UNDERSTANDING COMICS: THE INVISIBLE ART by Scott McCloud? I'm in the process of reading it, and I think it could inspire some decent articles.

I own it. It fodder-ed a  lot of discussion in my previous APA.

His third book, Making Comics is on my buy list

I have an extremely rudimentary (yet strangely compelling) drawing style.  I would love to contribute interior drawings, or a cover *yes!*

I you'd like to see some of my stuff, I can scan it and put it on my website for you! Let me know!

Josh Medsker (joshuamedsker.blogspot.com)

I'll look some of your stuff up there. I need interior art too.

awesome!  will try to get it up there this week.

later--josh m.

Hey Jeffrey,

Are you still interested in artists for covers/interior art? There's a good bit of art on my page and being an avid comics/manga geek - I'd gladly do some covers for you referencing particular characters/themes at your request. :)

Definitely. I have an ongoing need for stuff.

Cover characters that I'd like reflect the fact that I'm a DC Comics fanboy myself. :)

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service