We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I thought this might benifit from a seperate thread as could get confusing otherwise (and maybe another for workshops?). I've made a list of zine related bands for the Sat (21st) night at The Cowley Club (could get 4-5 bands doing 20-30 mins each) and then a seperate list for acoustic bands for the Sunday @ The Westhill. My thinking was on the Sat there would be workshops in the day at the Cowley and then from about 6-11 bands. Westhill wise I guess we don't want bands on constantly but perhaps once and hour a band could do a 15 min set either on the stage or in the middle (or whereever they felt comfortable!). If anyone has any other bands they think would fit link them up here and maybe if everyone put up their top five for Sat and then a top five for Sunday? This might work! These are just my suggestion and I lost my bit of paper from the meeting with Edward and Emma's suggestions so thats why they're not here not for any other reason! Also bear in mind for the Sat it would be ideal to have at least two local bands to ensure people come!

Saturday:

Bastion (Underfire Comics) myspace.com/bastionuk
Serf Combat (Hey Surburbia, Dance Like No Ones Watching) myspace.com/serfcombat
Four Letter Word (Artcore) myspace.com/4lw
The Cost of Living (A Short Fanzine About Rocking) myspace.com/whatsthecostofliving
Project Serendipity (Dance Like No Ones Watching) myspace.com/projectserendipity
Pog (Bedsit Press Comics) myspace.com/pogwash
Constant State of Terror (Remains of a Caveman) myspace.com/constantstateofterror
The Hijacks (Good For Nohing) myspace.com/hijackska
Hot Damn (Sweet Shop Syndicate) myspace.com/hotdamnband
Sceptres (Modern Hate Vibe) myspace.com/thesceptresthesceptres
Cold Ones (Sketch Stance) myspace.com/coldonesinyourgut
Burning The Prospect (This Is Boston) myspace.com/wetheaccursed
Just Add Monsters (Lights Go Out) myspace.com/justaddmonsters

Sunday:

Apologies I Have None myspace.com/apologiesihavenone
Mega Games Two myspace.com/themegagamestwo
Itch (King Blues) myspace.com/thekingblues
Sam Russo myspace.com/samrussomusic
L Morgan myspace.com/lmorganacoustic
Wob myspace.com/wobband
The Cost of Living Acoustic
Serf Combat Acoustic

Sure there's loads more ideas! Thoughts?

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

for sunday, i was chatting with Daniel Michael Clark here about him playing
http://www.myspace.com/clarakindleaudio

for saturday, my suggestion was elle bandita who makes a zine called 'her dick' with another friend of mine - i sent them a myspazz message, and i will let you know if they are up for it
http://www.ellebandita.com/
http://www.myspace.com/ellebandita

i dont know ANY of the bands you listed toby, so i will give them a listen but i'm also happy for you to pick a nice mix of styles..
pj&gaby for sunday...i'm sure they're on the last hours collective
Very good call about PJ & Gaby! I know PJ so will drop him a line! Will check out Daniel too and let me know what Elle Bandita say
I'm currently thinking (just what I think mind!)

SAT:

Cold Ones
Sceptres
The Cost Of Living
Elle Bandita (or my lot Serf Combat if they can't?!)
The North Pole (Hot Damn playing indie-punk a bit like Minutmen!)

SUN:

Mega Games Two
PJ & Gaby
Apologies I Have None
Kelly Kemp
Wob
Itch

Plus maybe Emma's boyfriend's band if they think a 9 piece band could work in there? Guess it depends if stage is being used or not?

Just an idea! But be could if we can get it decided asap then can get info on the poster?
Sunday is a brilliant lineup idea toby, good selection of acoustic styles. I don't really know any of the saturday bands; so i'll let you use your own judgement!
OK well I put word out for Sunday and the following bands are keen:

Sam Russo
Apologies I Have None
Kelly Kemp
The Mega Games Two
PJ & Gaby

So pretty much sorted for Sunday! Though sure if there are any other acoustic bands that are mega keen we can squeeze them in. I guess as it's 12-6 a band an hour seems like the most we should have (15 min sets on the hour maybe?). Will ask Itch too if he's about.
Toby said:
OK well I put word out for Sunday and the following bands are keen:

Sam Russo
Apologies I Have None
Kelly Kemp
The Mega Games Two
PJ & Gaby

So pretty much sorted for Sunday! Though sure if there are any other acoustic bands that are mega keen we can squeeze them in. I guess as it's 12-6 a band an hour seems like the most we should have (15 min sets on the hour maybe?). Will ask Itch too if he's about.

sounds ideal Toby!
i got hold of ella bandita and she is NOT up for playing because she has an album planned for march. but not to worry, we have lots of bands - toby i think you shouldnt be modest and put your band on the playlist, if you want to play and it wouldnt be too stressy that is. sorry i havent had time to listen to the bands but im sure you can pick a good mix. nanny knockout who makes her dick with ella is interested to come to the zinefest and maybe to dj too ... im not sure how much space there will be for djs though. how late will we go at the cowley? i guess not too late or else we will be fugged the next day?
mujinga said:
i got hold of ella bandita and she is NOT up for playing because she has an album planned for march. but not to worry, we have lots of bands - toby i think you shouldnt be modest and put your band on the playlist, if you want to play and it wouldnt be too stressy that is. sorry i havent had time to listen to the bands but im sure you can pick a good mix. nanny knockout who makes her dick with ella is interested to come to the zinefest and maybe to dj too ... im not sure how much space there will be for djs though. how late will we go at the cowley? i guess not too late or else we will be fugged the next day?

well we wont have to get to the community centre until 10 so we can say up til at least 2:P
my last bus is 10.40 so i guess that means im driving (which makes sense coz i will hopefully have ppl staying over and i can give them a lift) .. but that means i cant drink. life is tuff like that sometimes.
Ah tis a shame but I'll get us a sweet line up don't you worry! And I don't drink anyway and have a car so there may be a lift available for you mate! Will see about my band!
OK updated list! So far the following have confirmed:

Sat:

The Sceptres
Screwed Up Flyer
Serf Combat

Bastion and Four Letter Word can't do it and Cold Ones will let me know later today. Could get one or two more so was thinking one or two of Constant State Of Terror (Remains of a Caveman zine), The North Pole (Sweetshop Syndicate zine), Just Add Monsters (Lights Go Out zine) or The Cost of Living (A Short Fanzine About Rocking), any preferences!?

Sunday:

Apologies I Have None
Mega Games Two
Sam Russo
Liver & Lungs
PJ & Gaby
Itch (King Blues) TBC

How's that look?

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service