We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hi all,

I started this group for two reasons, and then spent a lot of time not-online and was excited to see so many people had joined in the meantime! but, yeah, reasons:

1) i feel really disconnected and distant from what used to feel like more of a zine community here in the san francisco bay area. where have all the zinesters gone? some older folks have stopped, some newer folks i don't know about yet. i am sort of returning from a kind of hiatus, myself. so, let's find out where we all are.

2) i want to put together more zine-related events at my collectively owned and operated bookstore, modern times. i also want more zines in the store! feeling disconnected from the greater bay area zine-land means that's kind of hard. so, anyone interested?

please share your thoughts with me, if you have the time. and, yeah, sure, sacramento counts! why not?

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

I am in SF! I make zines sporadically but would want to attend more SF ziney events, other than the annual zine fest. That would be cool! I would be more than happy to send my zines out to Modern Times, where is it located?
Mae Undead said:
I am in SF! I make zines sporadically but would want to attend more SF ziney events, other than the annual zine fest. That would be cool! I would be more than happy to send my zines out to Modern Times, where is it located?

Hi! Modern Times is on Valencia @ 20th. I need to check this more often!
I'm happy to learn of Modern Times.

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service