We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

The pictures you see are from Emerald Arts. It's my new studio/gallery that I'm opening as part of the Renew Newcastle project. At the back of the space sit my Toy Bed (which was my actual bed until I was 17) and my coffee table, which are now the "Zine Scene". On the table are zines i have made, along with a couple from the UK.

The back wall, so far has black and white photography that taken over the years, as well as some images horded like a bowerbird hoards... shiny things.

Basically, Australian Zinesters, what I would like to know is this: do you have any zines that you would like to sell at my shop, or flyers for your distro, black and white photos or pages to cover the back wall?

Zines are on a consignment basis, because I am an artist and that is all my funds (or lack thereof) allow. Accounts will be done at the end of each month and zinesters will be paid for zines sold. Flyers will be on the table as well as stuck on the wall. There will also be a library containing a copy of each zine, so if you don't have enough to send more than one, don't worry, it will still be read.

Emerald Arts Newcastle is at:
Shop 2, 196 Hunter Street
Newcastle NSW 2300

Hopefully you know some other Aussie zinesters that you can point me towards as well? :)

-Emmeline

Tags: art, arts, emerald, flyers, zines

Views: 4

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Emmeline,

I am interested in sending you some of my zines for your Zine Distro!!
What extra information do you need from me / can i get from you about it?

Cheers,

Cookie.
hey! i'd be heaps up for sending you my zine... i just finished the first issue, anywhere i can get it into circulation would be sweet :)
how do we go about doin this?

Cookie. said:
Hi Emmeline,

Cheers,

Cookie.
Excellent :) If you want to include flyers or a bio about yourself that would be great. I'll put them on display and do my best to get them sold. do you have any specific questions you need answered? Sorry, moving house atm so I'm a bit befuddled. Hopefully that helped.

-Emmeline

Cookie. said:
Hi Emmeline,

Cheers,

Cookie.
Basically you just send a copy to Emerald Arts and I'll check it out and let you know if it will fit in with Emerald Arts. If not, I'll forward it to my distro friends.

Shop 2, 196 Hunter Street
Newcastle NSW 2303
Australia

-Emmeline

project bridget said:
hey! i'd be heaps up for sending you my zine... i just finished the first issue, anywhere i can get it into circulation would be sweet :)
how do we go about doin this?

Cookie. said:
Hi Emmeline,

Cheers,

Cookie.

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service