We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Have any of you fine zine cats ever sent your wonderful work to your state library for Legal Deposit?

Legal Deposit is the idea that anything that is made, printed and distributed within your State should be saved.
Hundreds of Library Technicians spend every morning cataloguing and shelving flyers, newsletters, yearbooks, street press and everything you can think of

If you haven't it’s an idea. It means that your work will be safe and saved for the future. When your 99 years young you will have the opportunity to go in to your State Library and ask to see your hard work plus you will give a cataloguer a chance to use their super skills.

Tags: deposit, everything, future, important..., its, legal, library, press, sharing, small, More…zines

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

How do I go about sending things like this out to them? Do you have address details or contacts to send it to? Or what I should write on a note to them? Any help would be appreciated
Bird in the Hand said:
How do I go about sending things like this out to them? Do you have address details or contacts to send it to? Or what I should write on a note to them? Any help would be appreciated

hello,

all you need to do is send it to your states library. best to address it LEGAL DEPOSIT followed by there address. then with all the issues of your zine I would add a letter, telling them about your zines, when each issue came out, who was involved, anything that would help them to catalogue it like perhaps what the zine is about in a few sentences and very very importantly your contact details.

here are the contacts for each state in no particular order

State Library of Victoria
328 Swanston Street
Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
Australia
+61 3 8664 7000

State Library of New South Wales
Macquarie Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Australia

The State Library of South Australia
GPO Box 419
Adelaide SA 5001

Northern Territory Library
GPO Box 42
Darwin NT 0801

State Library of Queensland
PO Box 3488 Brisbane QLD 4101

State Library of Tasmania
2nd Floor 91 Murray Street,
Hobart 7000

State Library of Western Australia
Alexander Library Building
Perth Cultural Centre
Perth WA 6000
What a cool idea. I knew they archived books but it hadn't occured to me that they would do zines as well.

-em
What a FANTASTIC idea!!

;-)

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service